Car Thread!

And Ford needs... well, anything.
They need to bring the new Focus over here, both the ST and the up-and-coming 300hp AWD RS! 2.5 5-cyl turbo rocks. And look how secksy it is.

3-oct19-focus-rs.jpg

I must admit, though, the new design took a long time to grow on me.
Tuning is probably a good option. I'm not sure if they have flashers for Toyotas like they do Fords, but you could still get a stand-alone chip. Tuners can work wonders with those things, there's so much they can do that you can't even think of right now.

I notice the Fords have the SVT models. What is that? Is that like Toyota's TRD and Nissan's Nismo?

Intake and exhaust is nice to have. ANYTHING is better than stock so I'm going to back up Tommyboy on this, but an upgrade ECU is necessary too because I think the MAF will tend to reduce it back to stock AFR. THat's why the stupid CE light always comes on. They can be reset and learn from the new setup, but an ECU upgrade is always better.

Performance gains? Don't expect significant gains with this kind of setup. Like the other posters mentioned, FI is the best way. But if you don't have that kind of money but want to help make the car better, intake and exhaust is a great start.

At the same time, I hope people do realize that they won't be able to smoke anybody, anytime soon with just that :p. I've surprised a few of the RSX ricers, ehhhemmm, racers (not the Type S--but I hanged with them pretty damn good). A lot of people truly under estimate the COrolla's performance.

TRDCorolla said:
I notice the Fords have the SVT models. What is that? Is that like Toyota's TRD and Nissan's Nismo?

Intake and exhaust is nice to have. ANYTHING is better than stock so I'm going to back up Tommyboy on this, but an upgrade ECU is necessary too because I think the MAF will tend to reduce it back to stock AFR. THat's why the stupid CE light always comes on. They can be reset and learn from the new setup, but an ECU upgrade is always better.

Performance gains? Don't expect significant gains with this kind of setup. Like the other posters mentioned, FI is the best way. But if you don't have that kind of money but want to help make the car better, intake and exhaust is a great start.

At the same time, I hope people do realize that they won't be able to smoke anybody, anytime soon with just that :p. I've surprised a few of the RSX ricers, ehhhemmm, racers (not the Type S--but I hanged with them pretty damn good). A lot of people truly under estimate the COrolla's performance.
SVT = Special Vehicles Team
Yeah, basically it's the performance division of Ford. Like Toyota's TRD, Dodge's SRT, GM Performance Parts, Nismo, Mazdaspeed, etc....etc...

TRDCorolla said:
Ahhh, you still thinking about that TRD Supercharger? It would look so sweet in that engine bay. I love the design of the new version. I hate the looks of my roots blower, but it gets the job done. I'm sure a turbo kit exist for the tC, but either way, it can be boosted no problem.

Check out this tC for sale with the supercharger installed. Price is ok for $19,000 for what is has (he's added on quite a bit), but it doesn't quite match the Cobalt SS.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/car/226390549.html

Honda needs a turbocharger for the SI, badly if they want to compete with the other factory tuned compact sedans like the GTI, Cobalt SS, TRD Corolla/tC, etc. We'll see how they design the motor for it since it's already a high revving beast.

Dont know if i wanna S/C that about 3,5k yeah it makes the tC a bit more quicker but its a lot. I wanna get the exhaust done first i may go for an axleback just for looks it doesnt give any very noticable gain maybe 2-4HP same as the intake. Dont know if i wanna go with ebay intake there about 60dlls and TRD and Injen are about 250dlls. Intakes and exhaust dont give any gains there more for looks unless your going with the long one or a full catback exhaust on your car.

Right now ive just ordered the PIAA High Intensity LED fog lights arround 90dlls shipped cant wait for them to arrive :D.

Tommy Boy beat me to it, SVT is Special Vehicles Team. Except unlike a few others they don't really do much business in parts. Some of the better SVT parts you can buy from Ford Racing, but they don't produce any parts just for the sake of aftermarket additions. It's for beefed up vehicles like the SVT Focus, SVT F-150 (Lightning) and SVT Mustang (Cobra).
And I know for the 1st gen Focus you don't get the CEL unless you de-cat. People do intake and exhaust all the time but only when you get a race header does it tell you to check engine. I do think the U.S. 2nd gen ones with the Duratec or PZEV engines will light up if you change the intake, though.

Here's something interesting... I swear I will have one of these bad boys someday. What happens when you take a 2.3L Duratec engine from a Focus, nearly double its horsepopwer N/A with Cosworth parts, then drop it into a small rear-wheel drive roadster that weighs a little more than a Hot Wheels car?
Caterham CSR 260.
pictu6.jpg

Doors are in fact optional.

Did I kill the car thread, or is the CSR 260 just too amazing for everyone else?

I've noticed that gallery threads at times don't get posts for a while lol.

D-Lew said:
Did I kill the car thread, or is the CSR 260 just too amazing for everyone else?

I'm sure its quite fast on the strip and on the track especially, its not that pretty though ...

i respect the power though.

Anyway i bought a new car for My daily driver 2 days ago.

its a 2000 Honda Civic HX, coupe, 5 Speed, Black on Black, and tint windows.

no fart can, or wing. just stock and that is the way it will stay.

Its clean, 90,000 Miles. and Most importantly 40MPG :)

I will post pics as soon as i get hold of a digi camera

Back
Top Bottom