Saw 3

root said:
I saw it on tuesday...

whoelly disapointing...
gruesome? yes,
good? no...

The first two had awesome in depth plots that developed throughout the film
the third one didn't

you knew exactly what was going to happen the whole way through the film...

the only twist that was meant to be at the end was that you find out that the doctor is the guys wife, but you already knew that cause you saw them in their apartment together.

As for people passing out, I don't understand how... I mean it was gory, but not that gory...

I've said this to a few people now though...
back in the 60's when the exorcist was released, people tried to ban it, people fainted and cried and actually believed that they were posessed, the film was the work of the devil...
yet today we watch it and laugh at it...
30 years ago, someone turning their head around and being sick caused people to feel sick...
today we see films that show people being covered in liquidised rotting pig, frozen to death, shot in the face with a shot gun, mechanically dismembered, and had their head blown off with a series of shotgun cartridges,
what will it be like in another 30 years? I mean will we be de-sensatised enough to want to see these things live? will we have come full circle and want to see people fed to the lions etc?

Humans will be humans.

root said:
I saw it on tuesday...

whoelly disapointing...
gruesome? yes,
good? no...

The first two had awesome in depth plots that developed throughout the film
the third one didn't

you knew exactly what was going to happen the whole way through the film...

the only twist that was meant to be at the end was that you find out that the doctor is the guys wife, but you already knew that cause you saw them in their apartment together.

As for people passing out, I don't understand how... I mean it was gory, but not that gory...

I've said this to a few people now though...
back in the 60's when the exorcist was released, people tried to ban it, people fainted and cried and actually believed that they were posessed, the film was the work of the devil...
yet today we watch it and laugh at it...
30 years ago, someone turning their head around and being sick caused people to feel sick...
today we see films that show people being covered in liquidised rotting pig, frozen to death, shot in the face with a shot gun, mechanically dismembered, and had their head blown off with a series of shotgun cartridges,
what will it be like in another 30 years? I mean will we be de-sensatised enough to want to see these things live? will we have come full circle and want to see people fed to the lions etc?

i hope not because i am a christian...= ) haha

Yes, our society is not as sensitive anymore because of all the gore that we are exposed to from watching TV, games, movies, and all the stupid gang violence.

Anyways, Saw is a very good original movie. I can't relate any other movie from the past quite like Saw. Hostle came out after Saw (trying to copy it), but Saw had a better storyline. Hostle was just brutal torture, that's it. Nothing to follow. I haven't seen it yet, but will eventually. Haven't even seen Grudge 2 yet either. I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD. I heard it was dumb, but want to see it for myself.

The Shining FTW! The only horror movie I'll ever like. Not because I'm scared easily, but because it actually has a good plot and foundation. :)

Back
Top Bottom