Spend the extra $$$ to get me a few more inches??? =O

ArrizX said:
Movies and multitasking mainly. Even some games. Halo, Unreal 2k4, CSS, HL2, Farcry, GW will be just amazing on a widescreen moniter.

I always have a dozen + windows open. Well almost, right now its about 7. Its just that im always busy doing so many things I like the space, and the widescreen allow's me to lay it out neater.

You have dual moniters and alot of space, so you know where I am comming from, right?
I know CSS HL2 and FarCry will look great in widescreen.. but you are going to quickly find that halo and ut2k4 will look horrible (aspect ratio-wise). They don't have widescreen support.

MikeReiner said:
I know CSS HL2 and FarCry will look great in widescreen.. but you are going to quickly find that halo and ut2k4 will look horrible (aspect ratio-wise). They don't have widescreen support.

:eek:

Damn.

Oh well, I use the montier for daily activities wayyyy more then gaming. I will deal with the select few that dont support widescreen.

Mike, I trust your opinion. What do you think, 19'', 20'' or 22'' FTW?

ArrizX said:
:eek:

Damn.

Oh well, I use the montier for daily activities wayyyy more then gaming. I will deal with the select few that dont support widescreen.

Mike, I trust your opinion. What do you think, 19'', 20'' or 22'' FTW?
Personally, if I had the money, I would go for 22". I love big monitors.

However, I think 20" is the best way to go. I've seen monitors like alvino's (different brand, same size) and my god.. they are gorgeous. They make my 19" crt look more like a 16 or 17 lol.

I would take the 20".

edit: heres halo at a widescreen resolution
clipboard01lm0.jpg

UT2k4 will look similar to this.. however! I believe you can force it to run in 4:3 for games running resolutions such as 1024x768.. don't quote me though, as I don't have one of these monitors and can't be certain.

Bädgêr™ said:
19'' is alright. Not too big, not too small.

Yeah, thats true. Great size.

MikeReiner said:
Personally, if I had the money, I would go for 22". I love big monitors.

However, I think 20" is the best way to go. I've seen monitors like alvino's (different brand, same size) and my god.. they are gorgeous. They make my 19" crt look more like a 16 or 17 lol.

I would take the 20".

I love big monitors too, but the 20'' seems like a good deal.

Lol this suck, im so lost.

Why cant someone be just like you idiot koby, just get the damne XX monitor. Haha

Here's how I see it.

15''
17''
19''
20''
22''

Smack down in the middle. Like I said, not too big, nor small.

Bädgêr™ said:
Here's how I see it.

15''
17''
19''
20''
22''

Smack down in the middle. Like I said, not too big, nor small.
Well the thing is with widescreen and LCDs.. 19" typically means 1440x900.. which means you can't run 1280x1024.. or even 1280x960.. the move up to 20" is 1680x1050.. and the screen isn't all that much bigger.. but personally I think the better resolution is worth it. :)

That sounds great and all.

But the whole deal is if I pay 100$$ more for the 20'' why not pay only like 40$$ and get the better of them all.

Badger has a GREAT point at the price/performance situation.

Right now its the 19'' or the 22''. Just because if im going to shell out 100$$ for the 20 why not 40$$ more and get two more inches, right?

Back
Top Bottom