Graphics card for MS Flight Sim

linnerd40

In Runtime
Hey people,
Well, my friend needs a new graphics card to play microsoft flight simulator (I think one of the newer versions). His budget is about $100 and he needs a AGP interface card. I have been looking and I am thinking about reccomending a nVidia 6600 or an ATI X700. What do you think? The rest of his specs are an HP Pavilion a430n w/ an Athlon XP 3200+ processor and 512 MB RAM.

Thanks in advance!

I agree with Bloodstalker, but that card won't give you max settings or anything in Flight Sim X. My 7600GT can barely handle max settings. If you want the awesome visuals, you need to upgrade to PCI express.

Hey, thanks guys! I don't think he wants to play it on MAX settings, and all he has is an AGP slot. So I think the 6600GT is looking pretty good. You think the a430n has an extra hard drive power cord? Will the system be able to handle it? Thanks!

I've had both of these cards.. for the cash I would get the 6600gt

the ati may have 512mb of memory but its still only a 128bit interface.. read all the specs the 6600gt is useing gddr3 where as the ati is using gddr2.. the only thing I really like on the ati over the 6600gt is the extra 4 pixil pipeline, which is very under rated.

the ATI is $5 more....

both cards are 128 bit memory interface.

plus the X1600pro 512 MB is faster with advanced features enables such as AA

but the 6600GT is faster with plain jane games like call of duty ect...

But on the otherhand i have been looking and if your not going to ever use advanced fearutes like HDR or +AA on games like Oblivion, Battlefield 2 and Fear
then go with the 6600GT.

freestyler105 said:
I agree with Bloodstalker, but that card won't give you max settings or anything in Flight Sim X. My 7600GT can barely handle max settings. If you want the awesome visuals, you need to upgrade to PCI express.
No there is 7600GT AGP card.

http://www.google.ca/search?hs=IEJ&...-US:official_s&q=7600GT+AGP&btnG=Search&meta=

Bloodstalker999 said:

The X1600Pro Is the same thing has 6600GT. ATI just replied to Nvidia's 6600GT with X1600pro

Back
Top Bottom