Please help me, never seen this before!

Kengh

Beta member
I have never seen anything like this before so I have no idea what this could be. When I boot up my computer it gets to the Windows XP loading screen and then as soon as it finishes that my monitor turns off (says it isn't getting any signal). Despite all this I still hear my computer boot up normally. I hear the sounds from all my programs such as my firewall, noises that my computer usually makes when it reaches windows. I hooked up 2 other monitors and it did the same thing. I don't think this could be my harddrive because of the fact that the computer still sounds like it it going into windows normally. It isn't the monitor because I troubleshooted with other monitors that all work perfectly fine. I guess it could be my video card but that doesn't make any sense, why would it shut off right after the windows xp loading screen? Anyways I am trying to get this fixed today, as it has already been down for close to a week.

Are all the monitors you have tested it on lcd or have you tested it on a CRT cos the resoloution may be outside the resoloutions of the monitor. this can happen after you install a new application or sometimes from spyware virus etc

Well my main monitor is LCD, but I tried a CRT, it was only a 17 inch though and 4 years old. I don't have any other monitors. What can I do?

Sounds like the video card is trying to force the monitor to display a refresh rate your monitor doesnt support. Does it work when you go into vga mode or safe mode?

allenn812 said:
....... Does it work when you go into vga mode or safe mode?
This is the avenue to explore, if you can get to safe mode drop the resolution and refresh rate to say 800 X 600 at 60 hertz and reboot. if the problem persists then you need to identify if the video card is going bad by either trying it in a different pc or trying a different card in your pc.

What is the video card?

sorry for not getting back on a rubbish orange broadband connection, anyone else here having problems with orange

Back
Top Bottom