Monitor Will not Turn ON!!!!

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Two days ago before going to sleep I turned off my computer (Start/Shut down) Then after 3 min I realized that my PC was still ON, so I turned the monitor back on just to see a “Blue Screen of Death” it told me the usual stuff “Memory Dump…etc”. So the only way now for me to turn off the computer was manually, buy holding the power button for about 3 seconds. And that's exactly what I did.

Yesterday after coming home from work I push the power button on the computer, my computer starts, but there is NO IMAGE ON THE MONITOR and NO BEEPS from the speakers. (Usually there is 1 beep right?)

-I tried replacing the monitor
-I tried disconnecting all the wires/hardware then connecting it back

Also some interesting things happened. The next morning after turning off my computer, my father walked in the room to wake me up for work. He noticed my Keyboard lights were ON, even thou my PC was OFF. (I have a G15 Keyboard)

And also my brother told me he had some problems with his pc also, it wouldn't turn on in the morning, so he had to turn off/on the switch in the back, maybe unplugged the power then plugged it back in, and it worked. (Maybe this has something to do with my pc, maybe it's just a coincidence)

Please help me out.

Thanks.

Alright..may have short circuted some hardware here. Does it show that the monitor is on when you turnt he PC on? Like...just the power light on the monitor is on? well if it is..thats not the monitors problem most likely..it most likely is short circuted..fryed hardware..bad psu now..ect.

Yes the monitor is on, yellow lights is on insted of regular green :( U are the second person who told me it might be some short circuted...i mean i have surge protector...etc

Thanks for the post.

Zer0Cool said:
Yes the monitor is on, yellow lights is on insted of regular green :( U are the second person who told me it might be some short circuted...i mean i have surge protector...etc

Thanks for the post.
Does your screen show a saying dissconnected or somthing? or its just a blank screen?

Well then, that has nothing to do with your monitor. Its most likely short circuted mobo...umm Dead PSU...fryed video card. Im not going to come to conclusions, but if it is this, there isnt a way to fix it, you have to go buy a new mobo if its the mobo..or a new video card or a new psu.

Wow how could this happend...? i have a surge protector..etc and its a new comp WOW!!! I had 5X less problems with my old Alienwhare computer then with this custom build Peace of Shit Comp!!!!

Thanks for ur help guyz.

I am no expert by any means but couldn't the different amount of beeps(0 instead of 1) mean a bios error, but i have no idea...

Well I finally gat my comp up and Running. !!!!

Here is what was the problem.

I gave my comp to the store on Wednesday last week, they called me up on Thursday and told me, that once they opened up the pc they already new what was the problem… they told me that I cant have anything next to my X1900XTX my vid card could of overheated. But everything was ok, they somehow gat into bios and reoverclocked my comp…etc Well I picked up the comp on Friday, went straight home, turned it on and it froze twice on the windows loading screen, then somehow it underclocked its self. I tried calling them, but they already been closed, and they don't work on Saturdays, so I had to wait until Sunday. I then called them on Sunday and told them what was the problem. They asked me a bunch of questions, and apparently my power from my outlet wasn't sufficient enough. When I first purchased the pc from them, they gave me a surge protector that has 3 lights on it 2 green and 1 red, apparently I had the red light on, so I think that might of caused my comp underclock..etc So I brought the comp to them again on Sunday, they over clocked it again, I fixed the outlet, and so far I have no problems.

Yeah when a computer is underpowered it doesn't like to be overclocked. Next time something like this happens there's a clear CMOS jumper on your board that might fix the problem. Sometimes when I clock too high it won't POST and I have to open it up and reset it or wait for Crash-Free BIOS to recognize that it isn't working. :p
It's not very smart sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom