Spend the extra $$$ to get me a few more inches??? =O

Half Evil

Golden Master
Aright now everyone probably knows that I am after a new moniter.

DVI is a MUST!!

I orgionally started looking at This Acer Black 19'' Widescreen 5ms but I have been searching around. And I have found much bigger for only like a 130$$+.

This is the moniter ill have untill I make a new computer build. Im 15 and a sophmore, and realisticly that wont happen untill college. So with that said I have to make the right choice now. Lol.

But anyways, see that is a 19''Wide. I have found a 20'' for 60$ more and a 20.1'' for the same price more (after rebate) but those 20.1'' realisticly are are about 120$ more then what I first started out at.

But why bother with a wussy 20.1'' when for 130$ more I could have a 22''. Thats right for 10$ more I could get 1.9'' more of viewable space. (however it doesnt seem like the resolution changes).

This Is the 22'' Acer Widescreen that I would be looking at.

And here is the 20'' Link

So price differences, opinoins, ideas, anything at all????

Edit-
Basicly what it comes down too is would the resolution difference really justify the price difference? Mind you I am playing for this myself. And I am using this for every day use. Rare/Occassional gaming. Just internet, MSN, AIM, WMP and whatever else is floating my boat that day..

This is the link with the moniters that I am going off of.

Stick with the 19" You're falling for a market trap =O
I have a 19" Widescreen myself and its more than enough space!
Theres more than enough white space on a Google page as it is xD

Tommy Boy said:
Size matters.....everyone could use a few extra inches.

but the 19"WS does serve most peoples purpose...

I rock the 19" and I am happy with it....

Really, it's your choice.

Currently, I use a 19" CRT monitor. It really only has 18" view space.. but honestly, it's big enough for me. A 19" LCD actually has a bigger viewspace than this CRT.. unless you really want the bigger screen, you'll be fine on 19" LCD.

Ive already told youw hat you should get :) Acer is an OK brand..but they do have problems with backlight bleeding, so still even if your not gaming i would not get an acer...in my opinion i would get a samsung or a viewsonic..right now im running of a 22" Viewsonic widescreen LCD.. No bleeding..no dead pixels...High def..screen looks great.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2431850&CatId=0
ViewSonic
Display Type TFT LCD

Viewable Screen Size 19 inch

Display Area 16.1" x 10"

Vertical Refresh Rate 50 ~ 85Hz

Horizontal Frequency 30 ~ 82kHz

Input Video Signal DVI
VGA (15-Pin D-Sub)

Speakers Integrated

Contrast Ratio 700:1

Brightness 280 cd/m²

Response Time 5 ms

Horizontal Viewing Angle 160 degrees

Vertical Viewing Angle 160 degrees

Maximum Resolution 1440 x 900

Cabinet Color Black

Unit Dimensions (WxHxD) 17.8" x 15.4" x 7.8"

Unit Weight 9.9 lbs.

Power Consumption 32W
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2528157&CatId=0
Acer
Display Type TFT LCD

Viewable Screen Size 19 inches

Display Area 410.4mm(H) x 256.5mm(V)

Display Colors 16.2 million

Input Video Signal VGA (15-Pin D-Sub)

Contrast Ratio 700:1

Brightness 300 cd/m²

Response Time 5 ms

Horizontal Viewing Angle 150 degrees

Vertical Viewing Angle 130 degrees

Maximum Resolution 1440 x 900

Cabinet Color Black

VESA Mounting Compliant Yes

Unit Dimensions (WxHxD) 16.2" x 16.0" x 7.1"

Unit Weight 12.32 lbs.

Power Consumption 42W
Comparible...Viewsonic is lighter....Less power consumption..NO BACKLIGHT BLEEDING 5ms response time compared to most of acers....usually acers are 5ms but end up being delayed with slight ghosting..

You know, spec, ill need those intigrated speakers... if I ever go over to your house again, lol..

Charchris said:
Stick with the 19" You're falling for a market trap =O
I have a 19" Widescreen myself and its more than enough space!
Theres more than enough white space on a Google page as it is xD

Really think im just being a dumbass and falling for the market trap, lol?

Edit-
Spec what is the size of your monter w/ what res?

Edit-
oooooh
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2430636&CatId=1410

Bigger res and doesnt cost much more at all. Thoughts?

The Acer 22" looks pretty nice, but keep in mind that 22" monitors still run at about 1680x1050 just like 20"/20.1" monitors do. If you need the extra space, go for the 22" and if not, the Samsung 20" should be more than enough. Trust me, around 20" to 24" is the sweet spot for monitors. It's just the right size for movies and such, big enough for almost anything you throw at it and it doesn't actually take up that much space. You won't need anything like those 30" or HDTV screens. Way too big.

Back
Top Bottom