A Dell from Hell - The FINAL Chapter!

Arr, here we go, a chance for people to storm DELL, people who have proberly never had any real experience with them..

Ours are amazing..Pentium D, 512MB RAM..we use DELL servers, DELL projectors, DELL DELL DELL!

At our school lab we have 30 Dell optiplexes(sp) that have a gig of ram and a p4 630 in them.

Quite nice.

ours are sx260's mostley and they do my head in lol easy to lug around but a pain in the ass lol

dorfman said:
all dell's are p.o.s...thats your first problem..

check your bios.

yea you are soooo wrong.

Dells are great machines and run very well.

I currently support 900 Dell machines at a single location, so whats up now.

Dell didnt become what it is today, by making junk. They make solid servers, workstations, and just about everything else.

Dell owns the market and there is a reason for that.

My sister's BF had me look at his dell, ran like crap. So I reformat it, and it works fine. It's able to play guild wars :D though dell was gay and only put 256 megs of ram... -_-.. honestly, who would want to run XP on 256 megs of ram? I have like 2 gigs :\

i have seen compaqs come with 128 MB of Ram, running WINXP

and that is shared with 32MB of video Memory, so it was like running on 96MB of RAM.

that was sad...

Hey guys, sorry about the long reply.

Umm, it's not actually a Dimension...

It's an Optiplex... GX60.

And as I have said, he can't afford to buy a new computer.

I have a dell 4600C form mid 2004. i hate it. its a space saving design (3.5W10L10H), it runs on crappy PSU fan and IDOLS on 55C/ Gaming 70+C UNDERCLOCKED W/ ARCTIC SILVER 5 THERMALPASTE WITH ALL DUST BLOWN OUT

and my room rarely gets above 60F!!!!

p4 3.0ghz (underclocked to 2.2ghz because heat was so bad)
512MB of cheap RAM
Integrated GFX by intel (32mb)

and worse yet i cant even change the case to a centurion 5. i would have had to replace the mobo, then the psu wouldnt fit, and then all mobo addons wouldnt fit cuz they use different things that attach to the back. so i would have had to buy new everything but RAM... but the ram would be crap anyway so... thats why im building my own computer

and do you know how much my dad paid for this p.o.s????
$1,200 AMERICAN!!!
Thats right $1,200 AMERICAN!!

i SRONGLY encourage everyone to stay away from dell and build thier own computers

and worse yet my monitor i bought from dell broke and now i have to use a huge CRT monitor form 1997 that takes up my whole f'ing desk

and my mouse dosent even work correctly half the time

So one day i finnally tried to get a refund. i called the customer service and was greeted by some indian guy i couldnt understand. called back again and this guy was a little easier to unerstand. i asked him for a refund, bitched for a couple of miniutes, and then when i said i added thermalpaste he said "any use of thermalpaste breaks the warrantee"

dell=crap (would use stronger words but i dunno if thats against the rules)
dell=marketing machine
dell=your money goes overseas
dell=gay

(sorry lol i just had to vent my anger)

Back
Top Bottom