Lets stop being tight *** and start living

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats with all these locked threads? seriously the best threads to even post on are closed and the crappy i got a new pixel in my computer monitor threads are left open for know one to read or reply to.

Nik00117 said:
Yea, I said it there are a lot of poeple on this forum who apparently have their panties in a wad.

I'd like to correct you, as they are H&M boxer briefs.

Leave the thread open..

The guys who dont like it stay out, and the guys that can handle the content can stay in.

I dont see how that is such a freaking hard concept.

Life goes on, so does the forum. Deal with it.

I don't think this forum is bad at all. I've seen a lot worse. Every forum has things that get out of hand. The best thing to do is deal with it. Yes I'll admit I did jump where I shouldn't have in one thread (sorry Chris) about what we wanted to do, but I didn't go complain to the moderators or report the post. Debates are a fact of life, might as well get used to them...

Nik00117 said:
We have some members who take shit too seriously. If someone makes a comment and you offended by it take the following steps.
1. Read it see if its in a joking manner or not.
2. If its in a joking manner ignore it go to the next message.
3. If its not, then consider the posters past, do you think its in a joking manner.
4. if in doubt laugh it off and keep trucking.

I do agree... But.

I'd only do that to a certain point... But if it goes too far... And I think you know where my tolerance stands.

troy272 said:
I don't think this forum is bad at all. I've seen a lot worse. Every forum has things that get out of hand. The best thing to do is deal with it. Yes I'll admit I did jump where I shouldn't have in one thread (sorry Chris) about what we wanted to do, but I didn't go complain to the moderators or report the post. Debates are a fact of life, might as well get used to them...

Fill me on what we wanted to do?

I don't think you pissed me off or anything, because I can't remember anything.

Nik...

I'll take it that you've never heard the story of Pandoras Box?

the actions to close threads that are essentially flame bait are taken with good reason, i.e to keep the peace, and to keep the members here...

a great example is that John Cleese thread, (now not visible to everyone).
it was meant to be a joke (I found it funny), but it was offensive to some people. why should people have to put up with things that they find offensive to them?

Personally I find mocking everything, everyones ideals and way of life is a great laugh. if you ever met me I could probably tell you jokes and make light of situations so quickly that I could probably make you feel physically sick or violent towards me... (as far as I'm concerned nothing is really out of bounds so far as humour goes).

why? cause I'm a sick mo-fo...

why don't I do that here? -cause it's the quickest way to offend people and get my account terminated.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Except rare circumstances (or not so rare) whereas the person is totally wrong (Sexism, Racism, Homophobia).
that's the point... where do we draw the line?
sexism, racism and homophobia is out of bounds?
why? I've heard plenty of racist sexist homophobic jokes that I've found hilarious...
can I make jokes about terrorism, 9/11, people dying etc? you might find it funny, but that might be because these things don't happen to you. I have enough responsibility to not make these jokes.

the point is this...

and I'll try to make this as clear as possible...

1, yes, I agree that things can seem a little up tight around here, but there is a good reason for that.

if you make sexist, racist or gay jokes DJ-CHRIS is going to be offended, (he's already written that).
if you talk about taking away american rights, (specifically right to bear arms) Seti is going to be offended.
if you mock the american way of life, Jon. will be offended.
if you fill your posts with cuss words Brookfield will be offended.
if you get posts about drugs Nate will be offended (he's not on his own on this, I have recieved PM's about my views on drugs displayed here before from others that were offended).

nobody should have to feel offended by what they see here.

2, This shouldn't be about the mods clearing up after your mistakes, this should be ablout personal responsibility, IMO if you're responsible enough to be allowed onto the internet then you should be responsible enough to know that the internet is accessible by lots of different people, and you should have the personal responsibility to be adult enough not to offend them...

Nik00117 said:
Ladies and Gents of CF, lets grow up and stop being a bunch of tight asses.
Ladies and gents of CF, lets grow up and start taking some responsibility for what we post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom