Video Card Questions

ok ill get more specs on the PSU tonight when i get home from work...thanks alot everyone

The 7600Gt is not a crazy power hungry card, compared to most others. But definetly find out how many watts your PSU is.

This card costs more money, but is also an exellent card

If you want a card that you can tweak, this is the card. this is basically an X1800XT in sheeps clothing.

this can be overclocked heavily, voltmodded using software, and 4 more pipelines can be unlocked using a BIOS flash.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102021

good luck :D

The Power Supply I have is rated at 300W? Does this mean I am going to need a new PSU? for even the 7600GT?

yeah you'll need a new power supply.. I love antec this one will do nicely

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103933

they come pci-e ready so you dont have to use an adapter for the power on your new video card.. and the main power comes with a 24/20 breakable pin. (the last I remember) it will make more sence when your putting it together some of the newer mobos use 24 pins of power where as older use 20 pin.

sorry about all these questions but im still new to actually modifing anything in a computer...

are the power supply sizes standard or do i need to look at the deminsions of my old one thats in there, and i am assuming they are kind of universal as far as connectors go so when i decide to build my own computer i can then use that psu?

Thats fine that your asking questions.

Well there are differnt types of powersupplies.

what is the specific model of your computer.

the most standard type of Power supply is an ATX power supply.

And the connectors on most every powersupply are Universal, so you can use the Same powersupply on your next build.

It is a Gateway GT5252, its only on sale at Circuit City but If you need more specific specs I can get them for you by tomorrow. Im at work right now.

EDIT: The PSU now is something like

Delta Electronics DPS-300

if that helps at all.

kjman87 said:
It is a Gateway GT5252, its only on sale at Circuit City but If you need more specific specs I can get them for you by tomorrow. Im at work right now

No thats all i needed,

that System has an ATX powersupply, so you can swap in anystandard ATX powersupply into that system.

It also has an PCI-X 16 slot :D

Thanks ALOT ill start looking around seeing as how it may be a little while before I purchase those 2 lol...

the comp and monitor set me back a couple bucks hehehehe

Back
Top Bottom