Should we kill saddam

Tommy Boy said:
Personally I'd like to see a bullet in his head. But I know that it will have bad reprocussions on this country if we do. I think even locking him up will have reprocussions too, people trying to break him out.....stuff like that.

I think we should lock him up in a maximum security prison in a cell with 2 guys named Bubba and Thunder and let them pound on him for a while.

Hahaha, don't drop the soap! :p

Personally I'd like to see a bullet in his head. But I know that it will have bad reprocussions on this country if we do. I think even locking him up will have reprocussions too, people trying to break him out.....stuff like that.

I think we should lock him up in a maximum security prison in a cell with 2 guys named Bubba and Thunder and let them pound on him for a while.

Do you have any idea on how difficult it would be to do that? I am sure Saddam is in the Green zone behind 50,000 some soliders lots of walls and bunkers. Lets see Bin Laden try to break him out...

Their is no fraction loyal enough to Saddam to worry about such a thing. At least a fraction that'd break him out.

I never said we couldn't accidentally have a guard drop a nade in his cell... After this over with when it doesn't matter if he is dead or not.ss

Actually it would matter if we killed him or not. There are people who will think of him as a martyr if he's killed and will his killing will justify what they proclaim their right is to wage war against America. That's why you can't be so thickheaded and just think that killing him will solve all your problems. It won't and instead you'll create a bigger problem.

Nik00117 said:
Do you have any idea on how difficult it would be to do that? I am sure Saddam is in the Green zone behind 50,000 some soliders lots of walls and bunkers. Lets see Bin Laden try to break him out...

Their is no fraction loyal enough to Saddam to worry about such a thing. At least a fraction that'd break him out.

I never said we couldn't accidentally have a guard drop a nade in his cell... After this over with when it doesn't matter if he is dead or not.ss

no matter how good u make something there will always be a little flaw. Take for example fort eban emanuel. For those who don't know it was a fort in Belgium during the beginning of ww2. It was probably the best fort at the time and was constructed so that the Germans had no way to destroy it. The roof (most of the fort was underground of course) was so strong that the German heavy artillery couldn't destroy it, there were so many at&mg positions (+artillery) that it was almost impossible for any hostile soldier or tank to get even close. But the germans found the weakness, and made (I think the 1st ever) airborne assault on the fort. About 80 or so highly trained paratroopers broke the defences of probably the best fort at a time and so the germans got through. That was pretty much an exellent example, there is always a way to do something. U just have to find the way to do it.

no matter how good u make something there will always be a little flaw. Take for example fort eban emanuel. For those who don't know it was a fort in Belgium during the beginning of ww2. It was probably the best fort at the time and was constructed so that the Germans had no way to destroy it. The roof (most of the fort was underground of course) was so strong that the German heavy artillery couldn't destroy it, there were so many at&mg positions (+artillery) that it was almost impossible for any hostile soldier or tank to get even close. But the germans found the weakness, and made (I think the 1st ever) airborne assault on the fort. About 80 or so highly trained paratroopers broke the defences of probably the best fort at a time and so the germans got through. That was pretty much an exellent example, there is always a way to do something. U just have to find the way to do it.

Difference between that is that Germany had the strongest military at the time, and had millions upon millions of soldiers. The fear of Saddam being captured are null for this reason.
1. very few people are loyal to Saddame.
2. Even fewer are willing to take on the Green Zone to break him out.

Nik00117 said:
Difference between that is that Germany had the strongest military at the time, and had millions upon millions of soldiers. The fear of Saddam being captured are null for this reason.
1. very few people are loyal to Saddame.
2. Even fewer are willing to take on the Green Zone to break him out.

yes, but the fort was ready to take on those millions and millions of soldiers.
They could have sent ½ million guys with 10 000 tanks at the same time and they probably wouldn't have been able to get past the fort. They had no way to destroy the fort from distance, no places to take cover from the gun emplacements and artillery. Yet it took only 80 highly trained guys to brake the defences after they figured out the weakest point. There hadn't been an airborne attack before that, so no one was expecting it.

So never say never. There is always a chance something will happen which no one could have ever expected. But yeah, most likely no one will even try to get saddam out, and even if they would it's almost certain that they would fail.

Back
Top Bottom