Overclocking an intel core 2 duo E6300

superman22x

Golden Master
Hi, I am jjust putting togethor my first build. I have an intel core 2 duo conroe with THIS mobo and I want to over clock it, could someone tell me how, so far I have one 80mm exhaust fan, and will soon get a 120 mm fan. I also would like to overclock my RAM a little bit, could some tell me how to do that too, and how much to overclock each too.

Do intels shut-off when they get too hot?

The E6300 will offer a tremendous amount of overclocking headroom, as you can go from the stock 1.86GHz to 3GHz using nothing more than stock CPU cooler and a 120mm fan, but don't press your luck :p. It's nice to get a good case and an aftermarket CPU cooler to get rid of the heat buildup. To get the maximum performance possible, use PC2 7200 RAM instead.

If you can tinker with the FSB and memory frequency to around 430MHz and 860MHz respectively, that will help you reach that 3GHz mark or close to it. Play around in BIOS to see what you get.

I was just looking at that motherboard and I don't think it supports RAID. That's ok though--I was just curious because I'm studying up on RAID configuration on a PC.

Ugh, ECS, NEVER AGAIN!!!
Im not sure if that mobo has great overclocking abilities, so i wouldent count on 3ghz, but you should be able to get a nice overclock.

I already got the RAM, pc2 5300. But its ok. The frontsidebus on the modo is 1066mhz, so what can I do from that? And I might get another 80mm exhaust fan, possibly even 2. If I can overclock to almost 3 ghz, thats great. I was hoping a little over 2ghz, but that will be a great improovement from 1.86ghz. The Ram should come in teh mail tomorrow, so I will try some OC, but not much as the 120 mm fan is out of stock from newegg. I am going to run a voodoo 3 and 20gb HD until I purchase my better pieces. I hope a voodoo 3 will support XP on low settings at least, lol.

no its not, You can run up to DDR1200 if you wanted to. Just have to raise your FSB to 600 and run the 1:2 strap, that is if your RAM and cpu can handle that :p.

OP: With the ECS and NVIDIA NF570, you can going to get nowhere with that overclock. I say no where because the current (C11) nvidia chipsets just suck. The best that you will get out of it is probably a couple hundred mhz. If thats the case, you just raise the FSB, POSSIBLY raise the vMCH a notch, and raise vDIMM a notch. And you should be done as you won't get very far. If you want to oc RAM, run the DDR-677 (4:5) or DDR-800 (2:3) strap. But you need to make sure that your RAM can handle the speeds or you will run into errors. Specify what RAM you have and i can tell you how it scales and how well it reacts to voltage.

it will either: BSOD, reboot randomly, or not POST no matter what voltage you decide to push through it.

So I might get it too 2.1 ghz or so, well thats still better. I will try a little at a time. Until it blows, lol.

Back
Top Bottom