Cable i need (idk which one)

well, if you have broad band I wouldn't worry about it anyways...
But yes. Unless you ahve one fo the computers off...

Say there is computer (1) and computer (2)

you have your modem hooked to computer 1 through a cat 5, allowing it to be on the internet.

You have a crossover cable running from computer 1 to computer 2, allowing computer 2 to be on the internet THROUGH computer 1 and also share files with computer 1.

now when I say Through. I mean..
You have to have computer 1 turned on to be able to get on the internet with computer 2.
But you dont have to have computer 2 on to get on the inter net with computer 1...
you see what I am saying? the connection is going through computer 1 so it has to be on.

So if comp. 2 doesnt work online... make sure 1 is on. lol

-Q

ok so if i had internet going to both computers seperately from the router, and put a network card on the second computer, i could hook up the crossover cable between the extra connections on each computer.

how would i transfer files. say, a few mp3's, what would i do to send them over to the other computer?

go to mynetwork places... there should be a shared folder in there for yours or the other computer.. paste it in one of those.. but make sure the folder is shared.

Then you can both access it.

-Q

ohh and by the way, if your Nics are newer and up to date you wont need a crossover cable, a standard ethernet cable will work, no need for a special crossover cable.

Back
Top Bottom