Cable i need (idk which one)

Copperhead

In Runtime
can someone give me a link to this cord:

i need somethin to connect two computers together through the ethernet connections or w/e. i wanna be able to trasnfer files between them.

one computer has 2 connections, the other has one. can the same cord also give the second computer (with one connection) internet?

oh i dont wanna mess around w/ that. i was just wonderin if there was a cable to do it.

my friend that works at best buy said there was but i forgot what it was, and hes at college now so idk

yes, If you hook a crossover cable between the 2 computers, you can share files. However
At the top you said 1 computer has 2 connections? you mean 2 network cards?(2 ethy ports?)
You need to have a regular cat 5 from modem to computer then a cross over from that computer to the OTher computer... thats if you have 2 network cards in 1 computer though. That will allow both to share and be on internet.

Captain Pooka said:
yes, If you hook a crossover cable between the 2 computers, you can share files. However
At the top you said 1 computer has 2 connections? you mean 2 network cards?(2 ethy ports?)
You need to have a regular cat 5 from modem to computer then a cross over from that computer to the OTher computer... thats if you have 2 network cards in 1 computer though. That will allow both to share and be on internet.

that is exactly what you have to do.

Captain Pooka said:

yeah thats exactly what i have, thanks a lot!

yes, that will do the job!
and its seven feet, I hope you have the computers in the same room!

lol

-Q

but the internet connection will be shared between the two computers...

If you had 2 Cat 5 cables and a modem with 2 ethy outpts, your connection would not be split...depending on who your provider is.

ie. Our modem has 5 outputs, and our provider lets us all have the best connection, rather we are all hooked up at the same time or not.

so playing a game online would kinda lag, depending on what it is.

But the Plus side is that you have your 2 computer hooked up directly. So its going to go fast. If you play a game just between the two (offline) it will go faster than on a router/modem.

Captain Pooka said:
yes, that will do the job!
and its seven feet, I hope you have the computers in the same room!

lol

-Q

but the internet connection will be shared between the two computers...

If you had 2 Cat 5 cables and a modem with 2 ethy outpts, your connection would not be split...depending on who your provider is.

ie. Our modem has 5 outputs, and our provider lets us all have the best connection, rather we are all hooked up at the same time or not.

so playing a game online would kinda lag, depending on what it is.

But the Plus side is that you have your 2 computer hooked up directly. So its going to go fast. If you play a game just between the two (offline) it will go faster than on a router/modem.

i see

but does that mean that just internet browsing is going to be half as fast on both computer all the time when they are connected?

Back
Top Bottom