New Moniter (Sick 19''W Acer)

Widescreens plus LCD TV's. I just got back from shopping at Best Buy and COmpUSA, whew--so many inquiry's on LCD TV's, with HD support.

My next monitor will be a widescreen too. In the meantime, my laptop provides a decent 14" widescreen that gives me plenty of view space for the small size. That's what I love about it. Small, but big?

ArrizX said:
Ok, to sum it up my life is hell right now.

Spending money makes me feel better :D Hahaha so Im about to buy a new monter because this standard Dell 16'' Viewable just ain't cuttin' it.

Acer Black 19'' Widescreen 5ms

Im not seeing much better for the price. And that one has the name backing it up. Just looks like a great over all moniter. And it will take advantage of my DVI on my 7600gt.

This is the list that I am going off of.

So anyways, just I want some opinions. Im 80% sure ill get that. Assuming mom lets me... But anything else I should consider?

Edit-
Now looking at this moniter too..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116373

How do they compare?
Your taking a gamble with newegg. If you get dead pixels (8 or less) they wont cover you.

MikeReiner said:
Your taking a gamble with newegg. If you get dead pixels (8 or less) they wont cover you.
newegg wont, but acer will.

i have seen RMA's on acer moniters go through with just one (ONE!) dead pixel.

MikeReiner said:

Then I throw it around and say it was damaged in transit. :D

TRDCorolla said:
Ahhh, break out the widescreens. That Acer one looks pretty good and for the money, just as good as the Viewsonic one you linked. Viewsonic has the better reputation, but I don't see anything keeping you from getting the Acer instead. You'll love it when you multitask and need the screen space. Because it's a WXGA+ get wallpaper that fits the screen resolution.

Yeah, it should be fine for what I need. And I want to buy it today so I get the -15$.

celegorm said:

Oh wow.. Really? Sweet deal!

ArrizX said:
Then I throw it around and say it was damaged in transit.
Haha
celegorm said:

shaweet.
Go for it ArrizX!

When you buy something new, it should be NEW quality. :D

ArrizX said:
Then I throw it around and say it was damaged in transit. :D

LOL that made me laugh. I could just see it happening where you get it and see there's exactly 8 dead pixels. "hmm only 8? oops! dropped it! damn, now there is 73 dead pixels. Looks like shipping gets a fail :D :p"

Im working on my parents. They keep saying no..

Wait till my birthday (November 10th) and Wait for Xmas..

But im asking for a iPod Nano 8gb for my Bday. And IDK what for XMAS, but I want this now lol...

Shit IDK what to do...

Distortion88 said:
LOL that made me laugh. I could just see it happening where you get it and see there's exactly 8 dead pixels. "hmm only 8? oops! dropped it! damn, now there is 73 dead pixels. Looks like shipping gets a fail :D :p"

My thoughts exactly ;)

Back
Top Bottom