New Moniter (Sick 19''W Acer)

Half Evil

Golden Master
Ok, to sum it up my life is hell right now.

Spending money makes me feel better :D Hahaha so Im about to buy a new monter because this standard Dell 16'' Viewable just ain't cuttin' it.

Acer Black 19'' Widescreen 5ms

Im not seeing much better for the price. And that one has the name backing it up. Just looks like a great over all moniter. And it will take advantage of my DVI on my 7600gt.

This is the list that I am going off of.

So anyways, just I want some opinions. Im 80% sure ill get that. Assuming mom lets me... But anything else I should consider?

Edit-
Now looking at this moniter too..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116373

How do they compare?

go for it. that is one awsome moniter. i sell those at work and have yet to see one returned. one of our displays of that model has been in use for 1.5 years of almost never in a power-off mode. best yet, no dead pixels!

that and acers standard 3year warrentee is awsome. just save the box. (but odds are, you will not need the warentee. it just tells you the confidence ACER has in the quaility of their product.)

Acer monitors aren't bad. Viewsonic uses better panels though, so if the price difference isn't too much, go with it. Another thing...make sure it has DVI. VGA just won't cut it if you want clarity and crispness at high resolutions.

Well that second viewsonic my friend said is great for the price. I rather not spend that much cash though.

Im 98% sure the Acer will be perfect for my needs..

Ahhh, break out the widescreens. That Acer one looks pretty good and for the money, just as good as the Viewsonic one you linked. Viewsonic has the better reputation, but I don't see anything keeping you from getting the Acer instead. You'll love it when you multitask and need the screen space. Because it's a WXGA+ get wallpaper that fits the screen resolution.

Widescreen is the new fad now. You can see more for a tiny price increase now that LCD panels are becoming more widespread.

Back
Top Bottom