Questiobs for the COMP TIA A+ Certification

Ty_Lawrence

Baseband Member
First thing if this is in the wrong Forum I'm sorry. Ok I'm going to school for Networking, and i want to take the A+ Certification. Just wondering what would I go about studying I know books, and I already have some. Does anyone know what the test is all over?? How many questions?? And last thing if you fail do you have to pay again to take it??? any input would be great.

Thanks guys...

Ok, A+ is changing on March 31st next year (in UK, possibly earlier in US), its gonna be harder to pass as you need 700 out of 900 to pass (compared to 515 at the moment). Also at the moment its 2 set exams(1 OS and 1 hardware) this changes next year to 1 essential exam and 1 selective exam(depending on the route you want to take). If your after books then go for Mike Myers their probably the best ones (make sure you get the right books). At the moment they are 80 questions(you take 100 but 20 dont count as they are a trial for new exams). New exams are 100 questions. If you fail you have to pay again. If your after cheap vouchers then buy them here http://www.getcertify4less.com/
Also might be worth pointing out that saying as your doing networking then ya could do the Network + exam aswell

speaking of tests... are their any tests I can take (being 16, 17 on Nov. 26.)?
just for teh fun of it lol/./

you can take A+ at any age, some really smart 9 year old passed 70-270 and got an award from MS

Yeah free-tests.com is really a great site. Helped me pass A+ for sure. I took it in July, and it was 100 questions each, but some of the questions they were just testing out for upcoming tests. But yeah, study the free tests.com and get some transender documents and software. I have some I can sell you if you want haha. but its really not that hard of a test, if you've had a strong backround in computers with some good experience, it shouldn't be a problem. Good Luck

Wow a 9 year old? Now I HAVE to be able to pass it (im 21) on my first shot. Then again, I am currently reading the textbook for that same course, about a quarter finished and I knew most of what they told me anyway.

BTW, so for that A+ exam....is it being changed to be made harder huh? Do you know what exactly is being changed, as I do plan to take A+ in the future.

Un_Colombiano said:
Wow a 9 year old? Now I HAVE to be able to pass it (im 21) on my first shot. Then again, I am currently reading the textbook for that same course, about a quarter finished and I knew most of what they told me anyway.

BTW, so for that A+ exam....is it being changed to be made harder huh? Do you know what exactly is being changed, as I do plan to take A+ in the future.

What book are you currently reading?? I'm reading the A+ Complete Study Guide..

Raffaz said:
Ok, A+ is changing on March 31st next year (in UK, possibly earlier in US), its gonna be harder to pass as you need 700 out of 900 to pass (compared to 515 at the moment). Also at the moment its 2 exams(1 OS and 1 hardware) this changes next year to 3 exams out of 5 to take (2 set, and 1 picked out of 3). If your after books then go for Mike Myers their probably the best ones (make sure you get the right books). At the moment they are 80 questions(you take 100 but 20 dont count as they are a trial for new exams). New exams are 100 questions. If you fail you have to pay again. If your after cheap vouchers then buy them here http://www.getcertify4less.com/
Also might be worth pointing out that saying as your doing networking then ya could do the Network + exam aswell

what are those Vouchers??? Its like the "ticket" for the exam??? Do u buy it online and just take it to the testing place and show it to take ur exam??? Sorry for the noob question.

Gcreeper314 said:
what are those Vouchers??? Its like the "ticket" for the exam??? Do u buy it online and just take it to the testing place and show it to take ur exam??? Sorry for the noob question.

Check ya PM's mate

Back
Top Bottom