quick raid question

Copperhead

In Runtime
well is there any way to do it without a floppy drive..cuz i dont have one. or am i screwed, so i gotta buy one

lol yeah, just go buy one...

I dont really think you need one... No one uses them anymore. With the use of ump drives and CD's We dont really need them.

But who knows, there might be a time that you need one, and they're cheap! just go buy one!

-Q

Copperhead said:
well is there any way to do it without a floppy drive..cuz i dont have one. or am i screwed, so i gotta buy one

What ya trying to do like?

You need to enable it in bios and set it up from there, Then you will have to format your HDDs and you DO need a floppy, well at least i did to put on the RAID drivers from your Mobo.

yeah im just gonna buy a floppy cuz i gotta have the xp disc in at the same time. i set up raid 0 in my bios and set up the array i just need the floppy so i can get the hard drives formatted when im setting up windows.

Copperhead said:
yeah im just gonna buy a floppy cuz i gotta have the xp disc in at the same time. i set up raid 0 in my bios and set up the array i just need the floppy so i can get the hard drives formatted when im setting up windows.

How many drives you setting up and what RAID are you gonna use (0, 1, 5, 10). Any particular reason why ya want RAID? Oh and both ya HDD are the same arent they?

It's strange how we still need floppies to do that. I feel there should be a RAID manager that lets you install after Windows is already installed. Then pop that CD in there to configure RAID. Is this even possible? It just makes it easier instead of having to load the drivers on a floppy disk.

Back
Top Bottom