5 Games for $60?!

alvino

Golden Master
Yes, that is right. Five games for $60. :eek: When Half-Life 2 releases for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 early 2007, it'll be one of the best gaming deals ever. :D Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal and Team Fortress 2 for $60.

Some of you may be asking, "How good does it look on the Xbox 360?" -- well VALVe's awnser is "Better than it ever did on PC." :D They've tweaked the Source Engine specifically for the Xbox 360 (not sure about PS3) so that all the games will be running with 60 frames per second and with high settings. Also, Half-Life 2 will have the latest graphical technologies, something the PC boys missed out on. :D Yes, now you can drive though the Canals of City 17 with HDR. VALVe has gone back and retouched every bit of the game to make it look like Episode Two.

Though, VALVe hasn't officially announced it, they've hinted at using Xbox Live and it's Live Arcade to distribute games online. So you might be seeing games like Darwinia or The Ship on Live Arcade available for download for some Microsoft Live Points. :) You might even see Episode Three available for download at the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Sounds cool. I just hope they add in mouse and keyboard support for those of us who hate controllers for FPSs.

It's possible for the Xbox 360 considering they have USB ports. All Microsoft needs to do is enable it through firmware updates. You never know, it might be coming up in the next update. :) Becides, the controllers aren't that bad...sometimes I enjoy it.

alvino said:
It's possible for the Xbox 360 considering they have USB ports. All Microsoft needs to do is enable it through firmware updates. You never know, it might be coming up in the next update. :) Becides, the controllers aren't that bad...sometimes I enjoy it.
Aren't that bad? pft. Maybe to people who started playing FPSs on consoles.. but to me (someone who has been growing up on FPSs on PC) it's a complete pain in the ass that you just don't need.

Though they are great for platformers..

clipboard01sy0.jpg

I got all of that for $60. (cept sin episodes or the blank stuff)

I've played FPS's on both so I can deal with both. To be honest, it's all about how long you've been playing on a certain platform. Those who have played on PC's for a long time will prefer it, and same goes for console players. Some will prefer both. So no one can really say one interface "sucks" because it's all in our personal preferences.

MikeReiner said:
clipboard01sy0.jpg

I got all of that for $60. (cept sin episodes or the blank stuff)

Yeah, well over half of those are so old that the price is uber cheap anyways. These 5 games are all recent and if you bought them individually, it would cost you way more than $60.

alvino said:
I've played FPS's on both so I can deal with both. To be honest, it's all about how long you've been playing on a certain platform. Those who have played on PC's for a long time will prefer it, and same goes for console players. Some will prefer both. So no one can really say one interface "sucks" because it's all in our personal preferences.
Maybe for some people.. personally.. i've converted several people I know to mouse and keyboard.. :p
alvino said:
Yeah, well over half of those are so old that the price is uber cheap anyways. These 5 games are all recent and if you bought them individually, it would cost you way more than $60.
Actually.. at the time.. I recall doing the math.. back when I bought these, it actually weighed in at about $90. $30 saved.

Portal and TF2 are coming with HL2 ep2 anyway.. so eh, no biggie.

Back
Top Bottom