Need for Speed Carbon

Spartan109

Fully Optimized
Has anyone seen this game it looks kick they have a sculpt mode plus they got classic cars like plymoth hemicouda and the charger and challenger.sweet.nuff said

It looks ok..but its to sim racing for me..i mean..there is NO DAMAGE ON THE DAM CARS..witch makes me angry...i really like the burnout series :)

Spec said:
It looks ok..but its to sim racing for me..i mean..there is NO DAMAGE ON THE DAM CARS..witch makes me angry...i really like the burnout series :)

i like all of them burnout,nfs,forza wish i had a 360 for forza 2.....i need one for when halo 3 comes anyway

Ah, god I love the NFS series!!!

Damn I want Carbon so damn badly!!

*sigh*

But yeah I want it lol

Spec said:

Word. Which is why I can't wait for Forza Motorsport 2. :D The damage and physics engine in that game is amazing! :D

alvino said:
Word. Which is why I can't wait for Forza Motorsport 2. :D The damage and physics engine in that game is amazing! :D
Let me guess, you need the phyics card or does it run off the cpu?

Anyways, I still than companys should make support for having a PCI / APG card doing phyics and PCIE doing the rendering. Its just my 2 cents

X1337 said:
Let me guess, you need the phyics card or does it run off the cpu?

Anyways, I still than companys should make support for having a PCI / APG card doing phyics and PCIE doing the rendering. Its just my 2 cents

No. Just the physics engine itself. You don't need a physics card. Forza Motorsport is renowned for it's highly accurate driving physics. Popular Science did this one test where they had a professional racecar driver and an ameteur driver drive the same cars on the same track (both played Forza and drove the real track). They did calculations on the performance and times of both drivers and found the game times to be highly similar to their real life times.

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/automotivetech/060c1196aeb84010vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd/4.html

Also, another cool thing is that damage is super realistic. Any damage will affect your car's acceleration, handling and top speed abilites. Forza Motorsport takes it to another level.

If you ask me, dedicated physics are more hype than reality. Sure, the idea that Ageia came out with is good, but they didn't pull it off well enough. Software based physics are more than capable enough. Look at the Source Engine. It's basically a modified Havok physics engine. No physics accelerator needed. The price isn't good enough to justify the performance. Though Ageia is coming out with a PCI-E version of the PhysX, there won't be any performance increases. I would rather see what ATI Triple Play comes out with and what NVIDIA cooks up.

You guys know that the developers aren't just lazy, right?
The reason you don't see damage in games with a bunch of expensive licensed cars is because the OEM's don't want to see damage done to their precious vehicles. I'm not sure how Forza gets around that, maybe some extra per$uasion. or something. But if I recall there wasn't a large variety of exotic manufacturers, was there? Burnout can do it because the cars aren't real makes.

Back on topic. I played the demo, not too impressive. The autosculpt thing was just OK. I didn't like the new drift physics. The team thing seems kinda weird. Right now I'm hooked on Test Drive Unlimited.

Turn10 Studios is owned by Microsoft Game Studios. However, Microsoft didn't get permission to get the cars flipped over. Perhaps not enough money? Timeline? Haha...

Yeah, if you ask me, EA seriously needs to get a new game engine for Need for Speed. It looked nice with Most Wanted, but now with Carbon it's getting old. Whatevers...knowing EA, they'll probably recycle the same engine over and over with bland and repetitive Need for Speed titles that have nothing new but a few things here and there just for the big bucks. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom