Problems

marcmarteleira

In Runtime
Okay, basically yesterday I bought a case from a nearby Tiger Direct store for 10 bucks, it was on sale, really nice case. Anyways, after taking all the parts out of my old case and stuff (and fighting stripped screws for hours) I got all my components out. I installed them and hooked up my motherboard wires. When I turned on my computer and checked everything I noticed my sound didnt work (Integrated Sound) nor did any of my USB 2.0 Ports.
Here are my specs:
Windows XP Media Center Edition w/SP2
Intel Celeron D2.4ghz
DDR-SDRAM 512MB
80GB Samsung HDD
Sony DVD Burner
nVidia GeForce FX5500

Are the USB's integrated or are ya on about the ones built into the case? If they are the ones built into the case then ya need to connect them to the motherboard. If ya sound is integrated then have ya got your speakers in the correct place and not in MIC or something

Have a look in device manager and make sure everything is ok (no red crosses or yellow exclamation marks)

So let me get this right. Everything was working before you swapped cases? You have swapped cases and integrated USB+onboard sound are not working now? All ya speaker wires are connected to the right place and plugged in? Have you added anything else to the new case, like a new HDD etc? Have you done a clean install or left everything the way it was?

the usb already wasnt working but the sound stopped working after I swapped cases, can it really be from the front panel wires "Sound" thing not being plugged in propperly? I thought it only was there for the sound port in the front

bingo! I got the problem why your sound won't work. Your old case had front audio and it was hooked with the onboard sound connector for the front. Look in the manual and look for FP_AUDIO and FP_MIC. Have two jumpers ready. Put them into the two pins, like the FP_AUDIO+ and the FP_AUDIO-. That usually, when not shorted, it will make the audio out not to work.

For the USB ports, have you enabled them into your BIOS?

Well if they are onboard USB, their enabled in BIOS and ya have got the correct drivers installed for them. Then i would say ya mobo is faulty, especially considering you said they never worked. The only way to test then is to use a USB loopback connector, and a diagnostic program like Microscope or eurosoft and run a loopback test. And considering the software is a few hundred pound, then i think thats out the question lol

Back
Top Bottom