Intresting Problem...

dwillis77

Solid State Member
Hey all,

Earlier today I was just playing some BF 2142 (great game btw) and was about to leave and turn off my computer. Thats when I decided that, for the first time, why not just put it in standby?

So I put the computer in stand by and left. Came back later, hit the power button and saw nothing come up on the monitor after 5 min....hm weird. Turned it off by holding down power button, turned it back and nothing again. I did notice that my x1900xt's fan was blowing pretty hard though, and assumed it was the Gfx card causing the problem........soooo I grabbed my bros x1900 AIW and put it in mine only to have the same results!!...must be the monitor freaking out then right? wrong. grabbed his monitor to and the same thing happened! The computer sounds like its running full power but nothing comes up on the screen!

Very frustrating...any suggestions?

Thanks guys

Try letting it sit after you push power for a few minutes, or however long it takes to load XP, assuming that that's what you have. Make sure your speakers are on, and see if it plays the Windows XP startup sound, or any other sounds for that matter. If it does, then it's working but not displaying anything, and I don't see why it wouldn't be either your video card or your monitor. Make sure all parts are placed in properly, and that the video card is given sufficient power. According to the GECUBE X1900XT 512MB on Newegg, "Power supplies with 450-Watt capacity and 30A current on 12V rail is recommended for single." So make sure your power supply is good enough. Don't know how that would translate for dual rail PSUs though.

Good luck fixing it.

Well as I said I KNOW that everything was working until I put it on stand by because I was playing BF 2142 (and have been for a couple of days) just a few minutes before I put it on standby.

I didnt even move the computer, just put it on standby and then BAM.

Also had my speakers on and didnt hear anything, but dont know if I used to or not...always have to log in and then I think thats when it makes the noise.

Thanks

so will it not turn on at all? If not then try resetting your BIOS with the jumpers on ya mobo

Ok, yeah, try clearing the CMOS by doing what Raffaz said. If you custom-built that computer, it should tell you how in your motherboard's manual if you have any questions. But for future reference, if you have to click your name to log in, just wait a little longer than you normally would (to make sure the login screen is up) and move the mouse just a little to the right and click. The cursor starts out in the middle of the screen. So if you want to try that again, feel free to do so, but clearing the CMOS may solve your issue. Once again, I wish you the best of luck. That's a nice graphics card. :(

Lol you guys dont get it. It turns on fine...I can hear the fans and see the lights going. It just doesnt display anything on my monitor. Reseting BIOS should fix this?

dwillis77 said:
Lol you guys dont get it. It turns on fine...I can hear the fans and see the lights going. It just doesnt display anything on my monitor. Reseting BIOS should fix this?

yeah possibly

Well I went on abits website (I have an abit AT8x32) and didnt see how to reset it anywhere on there...I might have missed it but dont think I saw anything about how to manually reset the bios....im never putting my computer on stand-by again.

open ya case, look for the battery and there is normally a jumper nearby, it will say cmos reset or something similar next to it, there will be 3 pins, move the jumper along to other 2 pins and then move it back to original position. Then restart ya pc

In ya manual its says its called CCMOS1 its to the right of ya floppy connector. HTH

Back
Top Bottom