Windows Live Messenger not working

Hmm, it's odd how you reformatted your drive and it still doesn't work. That's an extreme case and it should've worked. I would suggest getting a registry cleaner or manually deleting Windows Live Messenger from within, but reformatting it should take care of all that. I'm stumped. I wonder if it has something to do with your contact list or the download source.

before i reformated i used CCleaner to remove windows live messenger... i dont think this is a memory problem or anything because thats the only program that does this?? should i have installed windows live first before avg and zone alarm???

I feel disabling zone alarm and avg should have done the trick. If you remove them completely and then download and reinstall Windows Live, you are vulnerable to the hackers and viruses. When I reformatted my PC, one of the first thing I installed was the antivirus software and firewall. Messenger came dead last. Try delete temp internet files and run a Microsoft Update.

thats what i did... installed messenger last... and i did a microsoft update already. theres not much more i can do? well it used to just freeze then it would unfreeze after 20 seconds... but ever since today when i was playing nhl 07 and exited out of it... i got a random black screen with the hourglass icon.... and it wouldnt bring me back to my desktop.. so i had to manually restart my pc. after that this whole problem started.. im beginning to think its my system... i have been having many troubles with the nvidia drivers for my motherboard and my graphics card. I got the dfi lanparty ut sli-dr expert... good board but horrible nvidia drivers/software.

Well I think i found the problem. I tried disconnecting my ethernet from my router and plugging it in directly to the modem and it worked....soo now I need to get my router to work with it.

I wouldn't have thought to try that, but good deduction. Now try resetting the router. You can power it down for about 30 seconds and then power back on.

I actually just reset my modem and router. WLM works! but theres like a 5second hang before it unfreezes this time but i can live with that since i can actually get on to it without having to connect directly to the modem.

I have minor problems with Live Messenger every once in awhile. Like a lot of other people including you, I am still experiencing hang up every now and then--but not all the time. I just go into the Task Manager and end the process for MSN Messenger in there. Then wait for a few seconds and load it again. Usually works, but sometime gets really stubborn. I would do a reboot and it would clear it up.

Yea well in my case a reboot did nothing and even a reformat!:eek: oh well a reformat doesnt hurt every now and then. But now I know ill have to reset my router whenever it acts up again.

EricM said:
Yea well in my case a reboot did nothing and even a reformat!:eek: oh well a reformat doesnt hurt every now and then. But now I know ill have to reset my router whenever it acts up again.

I'm sure you probally do, but i'm going to throw this out there anyway do you meet the minimum system requirements for it?

i mean if your borderline with the requirements you may run into somthing like that, but your probally not..

Back
Top Bottom