Purchasing LCD (HELP)

OtakuBakaA

In Runtime
I have been using a flat screen monitor for 2 years now, and i've decided to move onto using a LCD monitor. Now the question is what should i look for while purchasing one? I have heard of concepts of MS ( 20, 16, 12, 8, etc) except i dont quite understand that. Any help would be appreciated, thanks gurus XD !

Also the monitor described here should be used for high quality gaming.

You must be referring to the pixel response rate. This refers to how quickly a pixel can change colors, measured in milliseconds (ms). The fewer the milliseconds, the faster the pixels can change, reducing the ghosting or streaking effect you might see in a moving or changing image. If you get at least a 12ms response time, ghosting will not appear across the spectrum. Lower is always better.

Refresh rate and max res level are the only really 2 things you wish to know. But also working with a good video card will make like alot easier. I have a 17" LG LCD monitor and it works great with my games. ** WOOT getting GOTHIC 3 in one week**

one last thing, the main reason for why im getting an LCD, does LCD affect your vision, is it better than crt flat monitors?, like would it damage your eyes, etc.

LCD's are much Healthier to your body in the whole less Radiation thing, and they use less power and make less heat. The have a clear image. They make your dinner after a hard days work.. lol i wish

but im mainly focused on eyesight (vision), is it alot better than the standard crt monitors? Like how will lcds affect your vison?

the only main factor i have noticed is that i dont get sore eyes looking at my LCD like i did looking at my old CRT.

Yes, true. LCD promotes less eye strain, but that doesn't mean you can keep staring at it all day without suffereing the consequences stilil :p. Give yourself a break every now and then just as if you're looking into a regular CRT monitor.

Back
Top Bottom