Help with laptop touchpad

soyescobar

Solid State Member
Hello,
I have a Toshiba laptop Satellite 1905-301 and suddenly it crashed, so I restarted the computer and I found out that the touchpad is no longer working. I tried everything I could think of.
-I shut it down and turned on again, but problem still there
-Restored the computer to various previous settings,problem still there
-updated the driver from Toshiba's webpage, problem still there
-Uninstalled the driver and installed again, problem still there
I'm sure that there is nothing wrong with the hardware because, when I restored the computer to a previous setting, the computer restarts, sometimes it stops responding after a message displays that the restore was succesful, so I press ctrl, alt, del and click on end now (for the displayed message) and the touchpad starts working (I can move around the pointer) but as soon as I click on any program and the program starts running, immediately the touchpad stops working.
I run out of ideas, could somebody please help me???

If you use your windows key, you can get into control panel and reinstall your touchpad, this should work. If not I'd say its broke :(
Good Luck

joelbeveridge said:
whats 2 years old RAFFY?

All these posts that archangel has answered, take a look at the date on the first post, their from 2004 :)

Oh one more thing you can try soyescobar. It might seem alittle weird aswell.. I want you to remove your battery from your laptop and unplug your AC adaptor from the Laptop, now hold down the power button on your laptop for about 20secs. What this does is clear out any stored up power in the laptop that might make hardware not work right. Now after 20seconds of holding down the Power button, put the AC adaptor back in (leave the battery out for a test). See if it works.

Back
Top Bottom