SLI AGP and PCIE?

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
I'm sitting here at work, looking at a motherboard box taht has an AGP and PCI Express slot. would it be possible to SLI 2 cards with different interfaces (age and PCI Express)?

Why?

There is Sli and CF already out both utilizing the best hardware out there (PCI EX) so it is pointless to make PCI EX and AGP to work together, its not worth the time or money when there are bigger and better things to do..

AGP is sooo much slower than PCI-E so I doubt you'd get much of a performance boost out if it.

If you would actually SLI AGP card and PCI-E cards together, first, without taking the fact of the downclock of the PCI-E card, it will also not be able to work. The AGP interface cards are using different architectures from the PCI-E, and it will cause catrastrophic crash (Ex, a big explosion followed by fire).

SLIing two different GPUs will make it not to post. You need exact GPUs on each. I don't think the brand would matter though. Correct me if I am wrong.

There is that new motherboard where it has 4 PIC-E slots. They used it full use of it and made 2 cards do rendering and 1 card to phyics. I think it was 2) Crossfire X1900's doing rendering // 1) X1600pro doing phyics.

If people where smart, they would relize ok!. Runing SLi with AGP and PCI-E dont work but if can use AGP card to make phyics than you don't need to spend 300 dollors for a slow PCI phyics card. This way you can use your old APG card for phyics and your new PCI-E card for rendering

Back
Top Bottom