Making my own computer.

Hi I'm about to try and make my own computer here are the items:

250 Gb SATA Hard drive
(2 x 1 gb ram sticks)
AMD Athlon 64 3700
380W PSU
MSI RS482M4-ILD SKT939 Radeon XPRESS 200 (RS482) Chipset Dual DDR400 PCI-E MATX motherboard

Will all of this be compatible

Should be providing ya processor is 939, and ya ram is DDR. I would get a better PSU tho. Cant be bothered to check ya mobo, but im guessing its got built in graphics, if not ya gonna need a graphics card aswell

Thanks for the replies guys,

Yeah the ram is DDR and the processor is 939.
www.ebuyer.com is where im getting my stuff from.
What Wattage PSU do you think I should get.

Thanks in Advance :p

550W would be good, or to provide for future upgrades possibly 600W. What do you plan to use the computer for?

Mainly gaming, I wanna play Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
Do you think all of this will be compatible sorry im worried lol

Looks compatible to me, though like others have suggested, you might want a better power supply. I'm no good when it comes to choosing one, but more than 380 watts would definitely be better. You'll probably want at least 450W, with anything higher being better of course.

But if you plan on playing Oblivion, you'll need a graphics card. If you plan on playing it with decent settings, I'd at least get a GeForce 7600GT or Radeon X1650PRO. Anything up from that would be better; anything lower would have to run at awful settings. I'm pretty sure a Radeon XPRESS 200 won't be able to run it at all, but you may be able to get low settings with it.
edit: If your budget complies. But at least get a graphics card before attempting to play that game. It's very graphics-intensive.

Good luck with your build.

Thanks for the replies,

No money left now, im only 14 so I dont earn any. Thats the best I can make.

Thanks again. :p

Back
Top Bottom