Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raffaz said:
Yeah mines the same, ive got 5 blues at the mo, and ive said nothing bad in any of them lol

Yea there is no way i couldve got negative rep for that post.
whats the deal with that?

LambOfGod said:

Can a mod confirm what these blues are for? Cheers

LambOfGod said:
Not sure, but thats what it means. I got one too on a post that I was helping someone and gave good info and even a link to a product. :confused:

Edit:
Wait, I'm going to check the rep options on a vbulletin forum I made.

2nd Edit:
There is a minimum post count that you have to have and a minimum rep level you have to have before your reputation counts on other people. So the person that gave you rep either didn't have enough posts yet, or not enough rep yet for it to count towards your rep.

The defaults are minimum of 50 posts and minimum rep level of 10. I'm not sure what the options here are set to.

LambOfGod said:
Blue bars? Should be any of those, should only be red, green and grey

David Lindon said:

Yeah sort of a blue/grey. What are these ones for David? Cheers for the quick response

David Lindon said:
They are referring to the coloured squares shown on the user CP, not the displayed bars.

Green bars are for positive...
red bars are for negative.
the blue/grey bars areeither positive or negative. but basically don't count.

in the forum software peoploe get what is known as a rep power, rep power increases over time, and that is what stops you making new accounts to give yourself good reputation. if you get rep (good or bad) from someone without any rep power then the indicator shows up blue/grey to highlight the fact that they had a comment on your post, and wanted to give you rep, but that the person didn't have enough rep power to do it. it saves you thikning that people don't appreciate your help if there was nothing displayed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom