Probelms with my moniter

Gateway_gtxxxxx

In Runtime
ok i have a 21in widescreen gateway moniter, this is what happened
the resolution is 1680x1050 and it was on 1600x1200 so i was trying to put it back and i accidentally set it to like 2040 or something and the moniter is saying "signal out of range". I tried restarting reseting the moniter almost everything and its not going back. could someone help me out?

When ya turn on ya computer, press F8 repetedly, ya will get a boot screen. Select VGA mode, then go into settings and put it back where it was. Or use safe mode, its up to you

Yea good work guys.. Now with most of these cool new LCD monitors coming out, they have a button on the monitor which when pressed picks up the best setting it can run on your PC. But Safe mode is a good place to do test, just because in safe mode it allows only the bare minimum to run.

oki reinstalled the moniter cd and its still not showing up, the right resolution, i dont know the video card name but i know its intergrated. is there a way i could find out the name so i could reinstall the video driver?

If its integrated, then ya need to reinstall ya mobo drivers. Have a look in device manager aswell and see if there are any problems in there (red x or yellow exclamation)

What kind of graphics card do you have? (Ati, geforce etc.) You could download your graphics card manager like the ATI Catalyst drivers, they control your resolution too :) Good luck

If you have no clue what type of mainboard you might have or even any clue what type of system your running, i advise that you download a small program called Belarc Advisor ( http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html ) . Now its a great little program that will give you every detail about whats on your PC, even the mainboard code number. Its even gives you your Windows XP serial key.

Archangel112 said:
What kind of graphics card do you have? (Ati, geforce etc.) You could download your graphics card manager like the ATI Catalyst drivers, they control your resolution too :) Good luck

Hes got integrated graphics, their built into the mobo

Back
Top Bottom