It's story time: share your memories of MS-DOS

the operating systems we have now even if we cant see it are based on a dos platform tho i dont think the same can be said about vista because it's a 64 bit system

I actually still have a working 386 and i play games that can only be run in dos on it i no i no there are clients that simulate dos on windos xp but it dosint feal genuine :p

/c:
c:win
...Windows is now starting up

I hated dos, and anything that runs with Dos...
i was young, but not that young..

heck, i had an Apple 2 E

I nearly used it the other day when I went to do a ghost back that had the option to boot into ms dos

dorfman said:
heck, i had an Apple 2 E

I had a BBC B basic, cutting edge technology, with a massive 32kb memory.

I actually loved it, I learnt basic, and could write my own programs. It needed a tape recorder, but just before it died, I upgraded to a 5.5 external disc drive! How cool! And none of this monitor business, everyone has a TV right?

Gosh, I feel old!

I still owned the very first 8080 PC...gosh, it was crap! The time we bought it, it acted crappy, for it's age. the 5 1/4 disc drive can't read properly, keyboard is weird acting, the rest comes.

I've also worked recently with a monitor...that's it. No plug for PC...just a monitor with a keyboard...and a big white flashing dash. Fun...

I've also test driven the very first PCs on the market...amasing for it's age!

DOS.. lol.. i still use it once in a while when i'm bored, otherwise, that computer is downstairs collecting dust, i remember when i was like five and my dad showed me that machine, it was great.

I use DOS to do MBR and NTLDR recovery (through the recovery console through the Windows CD that is, hehe--but you have to know the commands to do the copy). Still use it today!!!

TRDCorolla said:
I use DOS to do MBR and NTLDR recovery (through the recovery console through the Windows CD that is, hehe--but you have to know the commands to do the copy). Still use it today!!!

Yep im the same, its still a handy thing to know, and it can get you out of some tight spots.

Back
Top Bottom