Internet not working, tough one

Copperhead

In Runtime
ok so my internet's not working (on old computer right now)

my sister's laptap is getting wireless internet (same w/ my psp) and my mom's computer is also getting internet through wired internet.

the wire connected to the ethernet port deffinately works because im using that wire right now to get internet on my old computer

im gettin an IP address and a subnet mask, but i still cant connect to the internet

when i run cmd or whatever it is and do ping yahoo.com i get no response

PLEASE HELP!

does anyone kno whats going on?

Copperhead said:
ok so my internet's not working (on old computer right now)

my sister's laptap is getting wireless internet (same w/ my psp) and my mom's computer is also getting internet through wired internet.

the wire connected to the ethernet port deffinately works because im using that wire right now to get internet on my old computer

im gettin an IP address and a subnet mask, but i still cant connect to the internet

when i run cmd or whatever it is and do ping yahoo.com i get no response

PLEASE HELP!

does anyone kno whats going on?

Can ya do an ipconfig /all command and post ya results, do it with the computer that aint working

try this, on the comp that has internet, right click the wireless connection in the network connections window, click status, then support then details, write down/remember the DNS server #. Now on your comp that your trying to connect, go to view network connections, right click the wireless connection, click properties, scroll down to where it says Internet protocol TCP/IP in the little box. Click it, then click properties right below it to the right. On the bottom of the new window, click "use the following DNS server addresses", and type in the # that you wrote down.(there doesnt have to be 2) Click ok a couple times and test it. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom