Copper or Aluminum RAM heatsink

superman22x

Golden Master
Hi, I just bought some kingston RAM and I plan to do a little overclocking. And I want a heatsink for the RAM because it might help a bit, what heatsink is better, copper or Aluminum? Or does it not really make a difference?

superman22x said:
Hi, I just bought some kingston RAM and I plan to do a little overclocking. And I want a heatsink for the RAM because it might help a bit, what heatsink is better, copper or Aluminum? Or does it not really make a difference?
well dont get the one where it covers the hole ram becuase all the heat wil be shard to each ram chip making it hotter. You ram chip heatsinks for each ram chip

Crap, I bought it, O well, $8. If it works better I'll keep it, if not I'll just sell it on ebay, lol. It says it decreases heat, by 35%. Hard to believe. O and I got my computer specs of the PC I'm building in my sig now. Should be a decent machine, hope it lasts the 3 years til college and through some of college.

What I bought does go on each RAM chip doesnt it? Its got heat pads that touch each chip?

Back
Top Bottom