Cannot login into windows

jo5h

Daemon Poster
I recently just did a windows update to SP2 and then it told to me to restart, i restarted my computer its get to the windows screen, but it never moves from that state

what is wrong? how can this be fixed?

uh oh, i've heard tons of problems with people going from SP1 to SP2. I need a little more info about what you see at the windows screen, how many accounts you have etc.

i have one account, it dosen;t even load to login screen, all i see is the windows boot screen

welp the only way i know of that would fix it is to reformat your hard drive and reinstall windows and upgrade to SP2. Just use the system disks that came with your computer.

i can't boot into safe mode and do a sys restore or anything like that?

you could give that a try, i'm not exactley sure how to boot into safe mode i believe it's different depending on your manufacteror.

^Mike^ said:
you could give that a try, i'm not exactley sure how to boot into safe mode i believe it's different depending on your manufacteror.

Always F8 (XP anyway) mate, what happens when ya try to boot into safe mode? Can ya run ya XP CD and get to recovery console? If ya can post back and il talk ya thru, or IM me

i just got home from work, , but anyways, when i press f8 to boot into safe mode, the only thingthat comes up is the boot menu, raffaz if you could walk me though on msn or somthing that would be great, id rather do it though a IM than threw private mesages

msn- allout_boarder@hotmail.com

just want to ask, you got XP with this machine when you got the PC from the shop? its not a burnt copy?? i have had people use programs like reset5 to wipe the Registration of windows XP, now that wipe the Registration but when they download SP2 it goes crazy and wont let them log back into there machine.. But what you have is a bad install of SP2, it happened to myself, well i made it bad becuase i turned it off while it was half way into install SP2. IF you cannot get into safe mode, try doing a repair install and hope you have not lost all your data.

Back
Top Bottom