CMOS Checksum error?

Vipul1

In Runtime
Whenever i turn off my computer, i turn the main power switch off for the switchboard. I have been doing this for about an year now and since yesterday, whenever i turn on the main switch, the computer starts up by itself. It then takes me to the BIOS Setup where the time is reseted. I open up the event log viewer and it shows "CHECKSUM ERROR".

So the only way to fix this is to not turn off the main switch. But how long could i keep doing this for. Is this a setting error? or do i need to change the battery?

Thankyou very much

actually i found out what is wrong. Its the power supply, one of them is faulty, nothing to do with the battery. Anyway thanks

Vipul said:
actually i found out what is wrong. Its the power supply, one of them is faulty, nothing to do with the battery. Anyway thanks

One of them is faulty??? how many u got like lol :)

Yea that was weird to me to. It did sound like a dead CMOS battery, becase they lose the BIOS time when they are going dead.

oops sorry everybody. Because the thing is when turn of the switch on the swtichboard and turn it back on, nothing happens but when the main switch is turned on, the computer boots up by itself. Sorry Raffaz, it does sound like a dead battery to me, so how long can this battery keep working for?

Well its not working now mate, so i would change it. Its not expensive and it will only take a few mins to do

Back
Top Bottom