Who to contact!? Thanx!

JohnZe

Beta member
Hello,

I'm doing a university project, and for one module i need to contact a company who make 'gadgets'.

Basically the idea is a watch type device which business related multifucntional purposes (the watch needs to have a pedometer, heart rate moniter as well a 'tag' or tracker to see which employees turn up late etc)

This needs to be done as if it were real, so i need to find a company/ies that could make them, give quotes on how much they would cost, and how much it would cost to create the software etc to go with it.

Please, if anyone could give me any advice in relation (of how id go about finding a company that does this sort of thing etc) I'd be most grateful.

Thank you for your time, even if it as just reading over this post.

Kind Regards,

JohnZe.

Yeah, but its not as simple as that guys!

Actually finding a company who can make a product that they've not designed is proving to be quite difficult.

Any help would be great! :)

if you need a company i'd try and contact CASIO only because they are well rounded. they make watches, calculators and other electronics.

Thanks Budd!!!!

I've emailed Casio, but they havent replied yet. Hopefully they wont take long as the deadline is getting ever closer.

Thanks once again!!!

JohnZe.

JohnZe said:
This needs to be done as if it were real, so i need to find a company/ies that could make them, give quotes on how much they would cost, and how much it would cost to create the software etc to go with it.

I actually did something quite similar to this type of project for my freshman design... We had to try to develop a uninvasive obstuctive sleep apnea device that could monitor the upper respitory system while sleeping and we had to contact a bunch of ultra sound transducer companies...

from what i learned from that here are a few tips...

"Outsource"
Find a company that develops Pedometers
Another one that does Heart rate monitors
and another one that does the "tag" system...try to find out what is involved with each...and then talk to a software engineer that see what it would take to develop a program that can monitor each component and put it on an LCD watch screen with different menus...

I bet most of each of the componants are single chip designs ...so then you need to do some processing of the output signal and convert it to some sort of Image that can be displayed...

if this helps at all great...if not...im sorry...if you want more...ill do it tomorrow or later tonight but im about to leave work... :)

Back
Top Bottom