Drinking

Slayer said:
You think that's bad? You should have seen him at the Download Festival (that he mentioned in his post). He was an utter mess on that Saturday night. I didn't even hear from him through the whole of Sunday cos he collapsed in his car for pretty much the whole day.

but it's a festival, u are ment to get totally wasted! :D

mammikoura said:
but it's a festival, u are ment to get totally wasted! :D

Completely agree, but not to the extent where you have to miss an entire day of extremely good music the next day because you're too hungover or you're fast asleep in a car/some random persons tent. :p

For example, everyone I knew got completely off their faces on Friday night, but I didn't drink as much as usual cos I knew Down and Metallica (among many others, but they were my key bands to see) were playing the next day.

Slayer said:
Completely agree, but not to the extent where you have to miss an entire day of extremely good music the next day because you're too hungover or you're fast asleep in a car/some random persons tent. :p

For example, everyone I knew got completely off their faces on Friday night, but I didn't drink as much as usual cos I knew Down and Metallica (among many others, but they were my key bands to see) were playing the next day.

very true. I would never miss great bands just because I had a hang over. Of course there is the option just get so wasted (like one of my friends did last summer) that when u wake up u are still drunk and just continue drinking. :D But I chose to go with the go to sleep at 3-4am (drunken of course) then wake up at 7:45 with a pretty nice hang over and start drinking beer 8am.

Just got to love the festival spirit.. :D

Trivium Nate said:
metallica is such a kick arse band!

True dat, especially that night. They played all the classics, the whole of the Master of Puppets album from start to finish, AND a new song from their upcoming album.

Even better, I've got the whole set in MP3 format, all top quality for only a small amount of money. (Legally, too).

Slayer said:
True dat, especially that night. They played all the classics, the whole of the Master of Puppets album from start to finish, AND a new song from their upcoming album.

Even better, I've got the whole set in MP3 format, all top quality for only a small amount of money. (Legally, too).

Sweet dude! I love Master Of Puppets metallica version and Triviums

mammikoura said:
very true. I would never miss great bands just because I had a hang over. Of course there is the option just get so wasted (like one of my friends did last summer) that when u wake up u are still drunk and just continue drinking. :D But I chose to go with the go to sleep at 3-4am (drunken of course) then wake up at 7:45 with a pretty nice hang over and start drinking beer 8am.

Just got to love the festival spirit.. :D

Nothing is better than the festival spirit, really. I've never had a better time anywhere else.

You could always do what I did, don't sleep at all for a night and just stay up drinking. Did that on Thursday night; could manage until about 4am, and then I started fading really bad. £30 on Red Bull and various pills from the Legal Highs stall later, I was buzzing for the next 8 hours until the bands started. A bit expensive but did the job. :D

Nate: MoP is (IMO) the best album they ever did; it's a solid album all the way through. To see the whole thing done live was just awesome.

Didn't like the Trivium cover though, really didn't work for me. Best covers that album had was Chimaira doing Disposable Heroes and Machine Head doing Battery.

Thats nothing, we go through that plus more in a night. use it all for one night its well worth it, using it slowly is boring!

As long as you arent 95lbs....you wont feel any different with 2 beers. Also it isnt a problem until you find yourself wanting more and more. Then you see that you cant go A DAY w/o one beer. If you feel confident you could stop drinking (cold turkey)....then its not a problem.

Back
Top Bottom