How did Nvidia pick their name?

mammikoura

Golden Master
So how did they end up with Nvidia? I just started wondering about this at school, since our religion teacher mentioned that invidia (latin) means envy. So kinda got me thinking, not a big difference between nvidia and invidia... :p

Nvidia - There owner starts with an N and his last name is vidia? I have no idea..

Jen-Hsun Huang, Chris Malachowsky, and Curtis Priem made it, they were focusing on video.. video was taken so they said vidia. They were like "vidia sounds gay by itself" after all.. hes a Chinese guy...so they slaped an N on the front.

just a thought :D

Heh, why did dell, call themselves dell? IDK I guess they just were goofing about and came up with it. One of those things that just slaps you in the face like HEY THATS A GREAT IDEA!

Dell came from the Michael Dell, founder of Dell computers. He's a pretty young guy too and making millions. He only started out with $5000 and made PCs for people. Next thing you know, bam, mass production.

Captain Pooka said:
Jen-Hsun Huang, Chris Malachowsky, and Curtis Priem made it, they were focusing on video.. video was taken so they said vidia. They were like "vidia sounds gay by itself" after all.. hes a Chinese guy...so they slaped an N on the front.

just a thought :D

HaHa I like that idea its sounds funneh :D Meh who knows its like who came up the name for anyhting like computerfourms or Alienware who knew

Nik00117 said:
Heh, why did dell, call themselves dell? IDK I guess they just were goofing about and came up with it. One of those things that just slaps you in the face like HEY THATS A GREAT IDEA!
Michael Dell

Thought everyone knew that name, its like Bill gates

TRDCorolla said:
Dell came from the Michael Dell, founder of Dell computers. He's a pretty young guy too and making millions. He only started out with $5000 and made PCs for people. Next thing you know, bam, mass production.

Yup. They didn't call it Dell because they were bored or something. It's the founder, Michael Dell's lastname.

Back
Top Bottom