Certification Area

Raffaz said:
Whats the main age group in here? What area would it fit in, there isnt a cert area
well...

any programming certifications will more than properly fit into the section marked computer programming.
web programing/design qualifications can easily fit into the web programming section.
security qualifications can easily fit into either the server help section, or the security/hacking section.
hardware based certification can easily fit into the general hardware section.
specific OS qualifications can fit into either general hardware/software or the OS section.

random questions about what particular brand of qualification can either fit into the section it relates to, (i.e trying to decide whether to become a java certified programmer, or a vb certified programmer would fit into programming, or those general questions could be posted in the social lounge.

I do know that there isn't a cert area, if there was it would make asking for one rather pointless.

As for the age group,
I believe the majority age group is still in education (i.e 13 - 21), with perhaps a few older than that...
(i'm not saying that the few older are not important, but the people that are older, and certified are in a massive minority).

The point that I'm making is that we don't have enough members that are ready to tout their qualifications.
there arn't many people here as far as I know that are taking qualifications.
There is no way to monitor the level of help that is given to people, advertising to help with professional exams does imply a level of expertise.
Helping people with specific exam course work is at best a nice thing, but at worst could be considered plagurism.
All the questions that could be asked about any (computer) certification can already fit into a section that the certification is based around.

and last, (but by no means least).
All of the qualifications I've got, I've worked hard for. I've sat and I've studied for, when I havn't understood something I've gone and read further material from libraries etc. not just gone and asked someone. Helping people devalues your qualification.

this is a true example.

I work with a guy who is technically more qualified than me, he has a batchelors degree from UMIST (universtiy of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology). and a masters degree from the university of leeds, He's worked for British Aerospace (designing Aeroplanes), and also worked for both Ford and Jaguar designing car safety systems...

unfortunatly he is as thick as pig s***.

He says he likes to work as a team, so that everyone canm pool their experiance.
that is to say that when he doesn't know how to do anything he leaches from the experiance of people around him and stops them from getting their job done, he now works in a job where he has no team around him, consequently, whenever he has to do something, (even very simply things) he goes and distracts other people from their work to ask them stupid questions.

in approx 10 lines of text I have no devalue every single degree from UMIST, (which is actually one of Britains best technology universities.). I've devalues the experiance of people who have worked in the aerospace and car design industries...
Or rather the guy wioth the qualifications who has always relied on other people to do his work for him has devalued those qualifications.

simply because now, people reading that will know that that CV and experiance is actually worth nothing.
Personally I would employ a person with that CV, outlined above, but then when they started working I would become very concerned about the quality of their degrees and experiance.

(He has quite happily said that he used to seek help and even copy essasys from the internet, simply because people on the internet are always more than helpful -how many time has someone posted some code, and ask what's wrong with it, then you correct one line, and then they ask how to update that, or if you could edit the whole file for your one line change cause they can't figure it out?).

If you help someone out too much then they don't learn anything.
then they go out to get a job still not really knowing anything and having no idea of how to research things other then to disturb someone else.
the more people that you help to attain the level of qualification that you have, (when perhaps they don't deserve that qualification) the more devalued your qualification gets...

IMO those people that are doing certifications that can't figure out that if they want help with programming they should go to a programming section.
or those that don't realise that doing an MCP in server OS should try the server or OS sections. really don't deserve the qualification.
and to actualy attain a level of qualification that (considering the way that exams like A+ are structured with yearly updates) will actually make them more preferential for jobs than you are. -even though they know less. and couldn't have passed without your help.

WOW i wasnt expecting an essay lol. So its out the question then? :)
Just one point tho A+ doesnt have to be renewed yearly, once ya got it (like me) ya got it for life, They do bring new ones out, (A+ is changing in 2nd quarter of next year), but its not necessary to sit it. See you have learnt something new lol :)

Yes, sorry...

I'm just getting a little sick of the guy distracting me, so that was more getting a rant off my chest than anything else...

Back
Top Bottom