Lost file help

wooonelly

Baseband Member
About two weeks ago a file got deleted on our server. The file is a database for our clock program for the employees to punch in and punch out. Only one other person has access to this file that could have deleted it. I thought that was the case. But then again last night it happened. I know it got deleted sometime after 6:00 P.M. and it did not get backed up last night. Our backup runs at 11:00 P.M. There were only three second shift employees here at this time and they don't have access to these files.

I was able to recover the database from a shadow copy that was done yesterday at noon but no one clocked out yet so I had to re-enter all of yesterday's job and time info. this morning.

So, I ruled out accidental deletion and manual deletion. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Could the backup be screwing anything up?

you could find that the backup might be deleting the file after the process has finished.

have you changed the backup job lately and perhaps left some settings as is? (I assume most backups are always set to happen in the middle of the night so as to cause least disruption, 6pm would be an odd time for backups.

The backups run at 11:00 P.M. Everything worked OK last night. We'll see I guess. I am obviously going to be monitoring this alot closer.

I don't really suspect foul play because I don't think anyone was around to do anything, but I did see that post and am going to try it out for a trial period. I would love to see what happened to the file if it happens again.

Back
Top Bottom