NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Pics!

should be pretty impressive to own one. Hopefully this DX10 support really is what it's all cracked up to be.

Saw this about 2-3 weeks ago in XPC. All I rember is its 700+ million Transistors (I think that's what there named). But the X1900XTX has like 500 million or somthing so this thing should beat it

Gross. It's big and unweildy, just like the 6800 Ultra. The 8800 GTX is just about 11" and the 8800 GTS is about 9". :eek: Try fitting that in your case! :p Kinda sad how NVIDIA won't use Digital PWM. It's just so much cleaner and it takes up less space. Look at the X1950 Pro! ATI used Digital PWM for it and pretty much the entire PCB is covered by a single-slot heatsink. :D Clean and great thermals. :)

Time to upgrade my 1 Kilowatt PSU. :rolleyes:

If you click on the link at the top of the post, it lets you in to the rest of the thread. Continue on down the page and you see talk of the pics being bogus.
Check other reliable sources before you take anything as fact.

No, those pics are fine. I've seen them all over the place. Gizmodo had pictures and they're reliable. The 8800's heatsink is huge and ugly, in line with NVIDIA's traditional heatsink designs. :p Pictures of this 'big, long as hell, most likely heavy as hell, power-eating, electicity bill surging, heat producing and fugly like no other' video card. Remember, this is probably the reference design.

untitled-1.jpg
untitled1.jpg

untitled2.jpg
untitled3.jpg

Yay, getting one will definately save heating costs for winter considering these damn things produce so much heat. I, Alvino, salute NVIDIA and ATI for pushing the thermal envelope to a new high and for forcing me to upgrade my PSU. kkthxbai.

That was sarcasm by the way.

Seriously...I think ThermalTake's dumb idea of a seperate PSU for the video card might work! GASP! :eek:

MY goshzorz that thing is a beast! its huge wow! Lol it woulc defintily suck to have a mini tower and try and put that in their lol its so big dang whats hte memory size 1GB?

I don't even want to begin to think about how much this is going to cost.

Back
Top Bottom