Gallery: Game Screenshots

What the heck? Some Doom mod?

ImageShack isn't that bad. I like PhotoBucket more, but it may be the format you saved the picture in. Bitmaps are better in quality, but they take FOREVER for those with poor internet connections.

it's just a simple doom2 map, just a couple of gigantic sectors stuffed to the gills with monsters. The whole point was just to see how many monsters can be run on an engine without crashing...

supposedly this wad is used for developers to benchmark their engines.. since all those monsters have to be calculated... not to mention all the monsters who fire projectiles.. with 10,000+ monsters, most of which firing projectiles, thats a lot of damn projectiles!

as it stands, that map will bring the game down to a about 1 fps and below when all the monsters are awake... I wonder if it's a engine limitation or a hardware.. i'm thinking the first.

It could be engine limitation. You have to remember that game was developed ages ago in computer years.

alvino said:
It could be engine limitation. You have to remember that game was developed ages ago in computer years.
But this engine is not the original. This is the source port ZDoom, which gets superrior peformance compared to most if not all other doom source ports.

Re: Gallery: game screenshots

alvino said:
Here's the screenshot Mike wanted. This is with every setting on maximum with AA at 8x and AF at 16x. If you want more screenshots, just let me know.

cssscreenie.jpg
MikeReiner said:
hm.. could you take a screenshot of the actual bombsite.. like the shots I did? and have the screenshot at full size of instead of being sized down? ( www.imageshack.us is good for that.. though somewhat slow)

That framerate is sexy btw. :D
Preeeeeeety pleeeeeease? :D

Crabby... said:
Mike with your setup you should be able to play CS-S with everything maxed at around 40-60...I mean he has the same cpu as you, he just has a better GPU, but the 7600GT can still walk all over CS-S.
Since when did this have anything to do with the performance? I merely stated that his framerate was good.

Back
Top Bottom