IBM Security Chip

MY guess would be to find a BIOS and flash it. It usually erases all the other data.

lhuser said:
MY guess would be to find a BIOS and flash it. It usually erases all the other data.

Their's no easy way to flash the BIOS, it wont boot from a floppy, it wont boot from CD, it wont boot from ANYTHING. It will not do ANYTHING.

Is the BIOS removable. Maby you can get a new BIOS chip and plug it into the motherboard. If not, there should be a backway to all of this. I rember reading bypassing BIOS passwords. Each company put a diffrent password that would work 100% the time even if you put your own password. So ask IBM if they did that with there new chip

X1337 said:
Is the BIOS removable. Maby you can get a new BIOS chip and plug it into the motherboard. If not, there should be a backway to all of this. I rember reading bypassing BIOS passwords. Each company put a diffrent password that would work 100% the time even if you put your own password. So ask IBM if they did that with there new chip

No removeable BIOS, and no backdoor passwords.

These computers are setup to hold critical infomation, and basicly have a self destruct mechanism.

EDIT: The hard drive destroy isnt turned on however, unlike them running in their true self destruct mode.

Chris said in the first post the kids were playing dumb and not giving up the passwords. I guess I should have quoted him to keep my post from being confused.
By the way did you guys know that asking for or offering this type of help is against forum policy?

Back
Top Bottom