Login issue

ah yes, I didnt think about that... the admins are the only ones who log on to "this computer" :p at least thats how it is in school.. Still, try the mascot or something..

hey guys, sorry about the long reply...

If i HAD the boot/OS/restore disk(s) I would have already tried it.

:(

BUT; I think my program can work!

I need to know what goes in place of "<HERE>"

Code:
ECHO Off
IF EXIST [B]<HERE>[/B]multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\Windows\System32\Logon.old GOTO Renew
COPY [B]<HERE>[/B]multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\Windows\System32\logon.scr A:\Backup\logon.scr
REN [B]<HERE>[/B]multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\Windows\System32\Logon.scr Logon.old
COPY [B]<HERE>[/B]multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\Windows\System32\cmd.exe [B]<HERE>[/B]multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\Windows\System32\logon.scr
RegEdit /s A:\NoWait.reg
GOTO END
:Renew
DEL [B]<HERE>[/B]multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\Windows\System32\Logon.scr
COPY A:\Backup\logon.scr multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\Windows\System32\Logon.scr
DEL A:\Backup\logon.scr
DEL [B]<HERE>[/B]multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\Windows\System32\Logon.old
RegEdit /s A:\Restore.reg
:END

The thing is, I think i need a simple command line.

If i can make it recognize what follows the "<HERE>"s, then I can successfully log in, and make changes to the user accounts!

Oh by the way, it has Windows XP.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Your trying to tell me that you aint been to get in touch with the school yet??? I think your upto no good lol :)

Raffaz said:
I think your upto no good lol :)

lol, I have the same feeling.

If he doesn't have win xp he could always buy the cd and install from that. Or then use linux which would probably be a better option anyway...

Just buy a XP disk and reformat! but then again the xp disk is going to cost more than the PC was!

No, I am not "Up to no good".

I already talked to my neighbor, and he says he can't get ahold of a tech guy, and they won't return his phone calls.

:(

I have an XP disk of my own, but if I "Reformat" then will it take away one of my licences?

What if I did This?

Code:
ECHO Off
[B]BootX.ini[/B] 
IF EXIST C:\Windows\System  32\Logon.old GOTO Renew
COPY C:\Windows\System  32\logon.scr A:\Backup\logon.scr
REN C:\Windows\System  32\Logon.scr Logon.old
COPY C:\System  32\cmd.exe C:\Windows\System  32\logon.scr
RegEdit /s A:\NoWait.reg
GOTO END
:Renew
DEL C:\Windows\System  32\Logon.scr
COPY A:\Backup\logon.scr C:\Windows\System  32\Logon.scr
DEL A:\Backup\logon.scr
DEL C:\Windows\System  32\Logon.old
RegEdit /s A:\Restore.reg
:END

Where "BootX.ini" is a boot config file that loads the whole
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)
...thing.

avgjoe22 said:
I have an XP disk of my own, but if I "Reformat" then will it take away one of my licences?

u can install win xp from the disc quite many times. And then if it starts complaining u can always call microsoft and get a new activation key which will work again for a few times. However, I don't think u are allowed to install ur win xp onto a friends pc. But it would work just fine... :D

mammikoura said:
u can install win xp from the disc quite many times. And then if it starts complaining u can always call microsoft and get a new activation key which will work again for a few times. However, I don't think u are allowed to install ur win xp onto a friends pc. But it would work just fine... :D

If ya neighbour has got an xp key, then install your disc and use his key. That will work providing they are the same version. Eg SP1, SP2

Back
Top Bottom