new graphics card help

On the nvidia side of things if your a heavy gamer and play all the latest games your lookin at november when the new G80s come out but the are looking to be very expensive. But if you want something just to run your football games a Nvida 7600GT will run it as smooth as anything and will do well with most new games aswell if u dont play very demanding games this will last u quite a while and your looking around £100 including VAT http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/106578/rb/22656662076

Well im not a pro at this kinda stuff so i think we should get some more peoples opinions. What kind of game do you play?

pro evolution soccer 6 mainly and sometimes flight simulator but all that does is crash all the time, i think it is my graphics card as my processors pretty good but im not sure

adamr100 said:
is there nothing a little cheeper

well I wouldn't buy anything weaker than the 7600GT. U could look for used ones, and also used 6800GT and 6800GS. They are about the same in performance, the 6800's are just a little older and don't have all the features that the 7600GT has.

U could also take a look at the 6600GT, but it's already quite an old card. It would still be able to run all of the games out atm without any problems, but don't expect to be able to use high settings in new games.

edit: the 7300GS is a low end card, but if u can't afford a 7600GT then the 7300GS wouldn't be a bad choise.

adamr100 said:
on the case it recomends an ati radeon 9600, is my ati radeon x550 lower than this

Your X550 is a little better than the 9600, but not by a whole lot. Within your budget, I'd go for an X700. It's not a great card that will run future games at high (maybe not even medium) settings by any means, but it should get the job done for the games you listed. It's got twice the pixel shader pipelines, and it's memory clock's a little better than the X550's, so it'll be a little better, but I can't guarantee how much.

If you can budge just a hair, I'd grab an X1600PRO. It's a much nicer card for the price you pay. Still not top-of-the line, but a good card nevertheless. It should run Flight Simulator fine at medium, if not high, settings, without anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, etc. because it's only got 128MB of video memory. It's overall better than the 7300GS, the 7300GT, and the 7600GS. Though a 7600GT would really be good, I realize that it's way out of your budget, so I'm not going to say anything about it besides...if there's any way you can earn some extra money, I'd take advantage of it. But I don't know if it's really £35 better than the X1600PRO, though there's no question that it is indeed better, especially with eye-candy effects like AA and AF. I, personally, wouldn't pay that much for that small of a difference if I was on that budget, but that's just me.

you wouldn't be 'future proofed' per se since directx10 cards are slowly leaking out of nvidia and ATI. that card is a VERY good buy right now though and will perform at medium-high settings on ALL games currently available. it's a great card. go for it. it should last you hmm.. a year probably more? it's all dependent on how enthused you are about windows vista and dx10.

Back
Top Bottom