Nvidia New GPUs

ownage said:
that i doubt, maybe a new revision for the 8800GTX, maybe GDDR4 implementation, but i doubt they will release the 8900GTX 4-5 months after they release the 8800GTX. But i know they will not retrace everything to support a 512-bit external bus, doing so will require a new chip and a new design. Nvidia is going to stick with their 384-bit external bus.

EDIT: I was quoting allenn812.

Oops, i ment a revision. But you never know what nvidia will do to stay on top!

Well, the 384-bit bus is permanent, retracing and rewiring everything is a long and lenghthy process and it COULD possibly be done with the 4-5 months between the launch dates of the R600 and 8800GTX, but its doubtful. The R600 will have the upper hand until nvidia releases the 8900GTX (or something like that) but then ATi will release the x2900XTX (or something like that) and itll just keep going. But for now, the R600 has the upperhand of 1GB GDDR4 and the 512-bit which technically equals 128GB/s of memory bandwidth. But remember, this is almost all pure speculation from the inquirer, so it should be taken with a grain of salt. The 8800GTX specs are more precise and more "official" if you get what i mean. But if ATi can pull off the R600 with good yields, its going to be one hell of a card. And it will raise hell on nvidia.

I reli dont know what to do :s weather to go with the 7900GT wait till the G80 & vista or turn to ATi :S i need to make a poll!

I think i am just going to get the 7900GT and wait till all the bugs n glitches are all fixed in Vista and the new G80s AND the prices are down with will take like a year so i think the best thing is to go for the 7900GT, does and one know were the cheapest i can get one from is and witch one to get because there are a a whole range of makes EG. XFX, Albatron, Gigabyte, MSI, eVGA. i dont know witch ones best :s

newegg is probably the best place to buy from.
And as for the brands, I've used asus and xfx and they both have been very good. Also heard that evga is great.

get a x1950pro, it should be only 200 bucks (USD), unless people (like newegg) decide to price gouge. The x1950pro is better than the 7900GT.

Iv changed my mind yet again! i will hold on to my 6800GS and just wait and see how much the 8800GTX is. seen as they will be like (from what iv Heard) twice as better as a 7800GT. also the support of DX10 and the unified shaders will set me up for the future

Back
Top Bottom