Plz Help .. Networking

Quake111

Baseband Member
I currently have a D-Link WBR-1310 wireless router and it has been giving me toruble ... I no longer even use it for wireless, but thats not the problem. i have two computers right beside each other and every time i try to use the D-Link router .. the DSL modem won't give it any connection .. i think it might have something to do with the IP and stuff like that but i'm not too good with networking ... PLease HElp! :D :confused:

Kevin :confused:

Forgot to mention .. I had it working before but it wont randomly drop the connection and get it back within a few minutes

Are all ya connections right. Check the back of ya NIC's to see if the lights are on.

definelty check your cables/ pull the power on the DSL modem, and Router.

wait a few mins power the modem, wait then power the router.

check for status lights on the back of your NICS, what lights are lit?

go to start-run-cmd-ipconfig

are you obtaining an Ipadress?

if you are ping that address. type "ping ***.***.***.*** "
(whatever you IP is)

if it pings your own IP that means your NIC can talk to its self.

see if you can get out to the internet. Like www.google.com

let me know what happens.

wow lol i'm soo dumb .. i unplugged both for like 15mins and turned em back on and it showed on the D-Link a connection and i like $hit myself .. only to find that when i tried to go on the internet it didnt work .. so i used my DSL companies "Router Check-Up Program" to trouble shoot it, it did a bunch of stuff reset IP and crap and BaM .. it worked lol ... never thought that program would come in handy ...
Thanks LambOfGod!

NEW ISSUE! :::: After having the Modem and Router working toegther for about an hour .. I am playing Counter-Strike:Source and it lags out and my Xfire logs out and everything internet related drops out ... :( great .. new problem ... *I had this problem before, I am typing this on the connection of the D-Link but for some reason it randomly drops the connection and reconnects within 4-5mins.*

PLEASE Help :-| Kevin*

What lights are lit up on your DSL modem???

go to the command promt

start-run-cmd- type "ipconfig /release" then type "ipconfig /renew"

Yup, it hasn't dropped since yesterday so i guess its working fine ... just hope that it doesnt screw up/turn off forever lol, it did that b4 and i never got it working again. Thanx LambOfGod

Back
Top Bottom