Chick bands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sytheious

BSOD
To me rock chick bands ALL sound the same, either that or slightly retarded. Don't get me wrong, I liek w few songs, but when it comes to rock, they just can't get the "feel" for it down.

Heard of Flyleaf? Give them a listen, the fan favorites are "Fully Alive" and "I'm So Sick," but I'm very partial to "Sorrow" since the guitar is so cool in that song. One guitarist plays some sections with a bow. That's the only woman-fronted rock band that I truly "like." Evanescence is just ok to me.

There are some female-fronted bands that are good, but bands like the Spice Girls and Dixie Chicks either sound generic or retarded.

Lacuna Coil = amazing music with the hottest lead vocalist you'll ever see in the heavy rock music genre.

Distortion88 said:
Lacuna Coil = amazing music with the hottest lead vocalist you'll ever see in the heavy rock music genre.

I second that...

What do you thinks better, their older or newer stuff?

I like their older stuff better, newer stuff is too main-stream, in my opinion.

Toby said:
I second that...

What do you thinks better, their older or newer stuff?

I like their older stuff better, newer stuff is too main-stream, in my opinion.

to be honest i actually like songs out of the whole range of their music starting from the beginning right up to their most current stuff. I agree that the new stuff might be a little more mainstream which is blasphemy in a lot of people eyes i know but even still, a lot of it is good.

Agreed on Lacuna Coil, really good band on both CD and on stage.

Also to Sytheious, try giving Otep, and Nightwish a look; both female fronted bands.

For all female bands, I suggest Kittie, Nashville Pussy and Octavia Sperati.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom