Laptop

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
ok, My Girlfriends friend's Laptop is a dell inspiron 1200.
Her lap top will run for minutes to hours.. then it will lag up.
it will say Physical Memory Dumping, and then go to blue screen of death.
Now everytime she starts it up it gets slower and slower.

Bear with me, I dont have the lap top.. Im going to get it this weekend and see what I can do...

Based on this information.. does anyone know whats wrong?
I read on forus that they redownloaded the video driver... shes doing that now.. but I dont know if it will finish considering its going slow... or even get to the site to download it.

I told her she might need to reinstall the OS (Windows)

thanks
-Q

ok, well.. Ill try that but no garentees... umm Im getting her laptop this weekend ...so I hope some of you can be on then!!
thanks raffaz

-Q

Maybe upgrade the ram, Try these as well. Wait What are the system specifications?

Have you tried a spyware scan or virus scan? Maybe the battery needs to be reconditioned does it do this when its plugged in?

Msconfig
Ok I Recomend that you make a backup of all of youre important stuff just incase some thing happens
1.Click on Start.
2.Hit Run.
3.Type in Msconfig.
4.Click ONLY on the tab called START UP.
5.Disable any thing that you DONT need running clicking on the check box this will disable the start up item.
Note( I unchecked every thing except Zone Alarm And AVG Anti-Virus)
6.When you are done here click apply and then ok
7. After that you will be prompted with a dialog box that says Restart or Exit Without Restart
I usaully click on restart
Note when you start youre computer back up you will be prompted with a dialog box just put a check mark in the box and then click ok :)

Helpfull Hint
1.Right click on you're my computer icon
2.Hit Properties
3.Click Advanced
4.Under Performance Click Settings
5.Click Adjust for Best Performance

hhmm, I thought you couldn't update ram in a Laptop... hard drive.. or anything for taht matter.. lol

well ok... Ill try those too.

Thanks guys!
-Q

Captain Pooka said:
hhmm, I thought you couldn't update ram in a Laptop... hard drive.. or anything for taht matter.. lol

well ok... Ill try those too.

Thanks guys!
-Q

Depends on the laptop, RAM and HDD changes are common now. Most RAM modules for laptops are called SoDIMM, there are 2 pin variations of these so if ya gonna change the RAM out, make sure ya get the right one. Try what i said above first tho, coz ya might not need to replace anything yet.

I have zone alarm.. I know what it is.. I can run virus scans on it though because she told me that nothing will open. She said it takes forever to start up. so that I cac try.. mabey lol
thanks

Back
Top Bottom