a 48 hour recording: perils; pitfalls?

Johnmazz841

Beta member
Hello, I have a weird question, hopefully some one can help.

I'm planning to start a 48 hour recording at midnight tonight. I will be able to check on it every few hours to stop the recording, save the file and start a new one, but at a few points during the time, there will be a 13 hour period between times that I can do this.

So I have two questions. Is there a program that can automatically record the audio being played on my computer and split up the process by hour? I use a program called Wave Creator and the record source name there is "Stereo Mix" so I dunno if other programs can do the same.

If there is no help there. Would I have any problems letting my audio recorder stay on for 13 hours in a row? I did a test and let it run for about 3 hours and, while it took a bit of time to save, it seemed to work.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Hi. No, this will just be audio. Like I said though, it needs to record only the audio being played on the computer. what I mean is I'm recording a live internet radio brodcast, so I need to record any audio that would be coming over the speakers.

Back
Top Bottom