I'm so angry!

~~Teh~~ said:
Wait... Ure 22, you are getting a place with ure GF?? Or moving in alone, i recommend NOT getting a place with ure GF, wat if u break up? Its gonna be I WANT THE APARTMENT, NO I WANT IT!!! NO ITS MINE!! type of thing.

I'm 22, she's 26. We have been together for over a year. I am not moving out with her until I can afford to live on my own anyway and she isn't moving out unless she knows we're gonna be together. I love her to death and have already done the move out with the GF thing. I learned from that not to do it again. I plan on asking her to be my wife on our second anniversary and only if things have shaped up with my business. She knows right now, that comes before anything.

She's showing me she's serious and I am tired of the little baby BS (hence the reason she's 26 and not my age, wink wink!). We're both figuring out how much we have to save up at the end of the month and working on progressing in our careers to make it easier once we do get out. We're both helping each other get our bills taken care of and lighting fires under the others tush to get moving with our careers. I'm not worrying about the break up thing cause IF it happens, it'll be before we move out, not after.

She's got a nice 37", I have a decent 24", we have a bed (hers) and will have the "get the hell out" box with enough kitchen stuff (plus whatever i gank from here) to choke a horse. I have a huge TRUE wood (from back in the day before they made them with particle board and shoddy bottoms that popped out all the time!) plus the apt we are looking at has more closets than my house. All the necissities are taken care of so we'll have the money to spend on the wants.

Like I said above, we settled on a 42", but since we are going to have a bit of time before we move out, I figured we'd be able to come up with an extra $600 to get the 50". We're picking up the smaller stuff now (plates, towels, ect.), what we don't already have furnature-wise we're saving up for. I'm making a list of what we need to save up for and the first 2 things are $1500 for the first month + sec. dep., second is $2000+ extra for incase something bad happens and we don't have the income for the month to pay the rent. after that are the furnature items in order of importance (TV being L-O-W on the list). By the time we move out, it won't matter cause the TV will be, tops, 2 days work for me.

I think I did it the right way by saying, "Okay, first, let's pay off our credit cards, than we'll save up the first months rent + security and another 2-3 months rent as insurance (I get insurance on everything I can since I have been working as a financial consultant ;) ) find furnature we like, make a list and save up for it all, than move out."

nutin really wrong wit dat with the credit cards it seems like you have your priorities straight..so y are you angry

mongoman said:
nutin really wrong wit dat with the credit cards it seems like you have your priorities straight..so y are you angry

Cause google sucks and it took me two hours to find a place where I could store my car, than, the best it could find for me was 50 bux a month more than the place I drove past a while back and can't remember where it is.

Don't focus on the luxuries just yet, if you want to get out, then get out. Use the stuff you have and upgrade later.

You don't have any good friends that will let you store the car in there driveway/garage till you find a good place to put it?

Clutch said:
Cause google sucks and it took me two hours to find a place where I could store my car, than, the best it could find for me was 50 bux a month more than the place I drove past a while back and can't remember where it is.

that sucks.....meh build a garage like in the thrid post

Tommy Boy said:
Don't focus on the luxuries just yet, if you want to get out, then get out. Use the stuff you have and upgrade later.

You don't have any good friends that will let you store the car in there driveway/garage till you find a good place to put it?

The only luxury we are looking at is the 42/50 inch plasma tv's. Her bed is fairly new and large enough for the both of us. The frame isn't in the greatest of shape, but my bed has an adjustable frame we could use if need be (or we could just throw it on the floor).

Her mom has a box full of utensils, pots pans, a toster, coffee maker, more kitchen things than I have time to name. On top of that, we are starting to get the other things (plates, silverware, knives) we will be needing.

Most, if not all, of the furnature we are getting is coming from Ikea, so it's cheap as dirt, kinda. The couch we want is $1400, less than half than one we found in a furnature store. The coffee table is like 200-250, the end tables are like 35-40. We have some nice wall scrolls (we're doing an Asian theme) and we'll be getting a sword rack so we can hang her dragon set, my tiger set and my twin Zatoichi sword on the wall. We've got a million (ok, not really a milion) pictures of us from Glamour shots we are going to hang there too.

I do understand where you are coming from and what you are telling me, but like I said, we are going to have a bit of time before we move out so we will have time to put aside for the amenities we want, after setting aside for the rent and everything we need. Being a financial consultant and doing planning for others finances all day, I have a decent grip on what it takes to stay out of debt and I know not to live beyond my means. most people spend an average of 8-10% MORE than what they bring in a month.

mongoman said:
do stuff around the house so you dont have to pay the rent(not tryin to sound bossy)

First of all, I was doing quite a bit around the house. Diahes, garbage, lawn, a few other things. Now, I ain't doing a thing but sitting in my room. It's not gonna change the fact that I am paying rent, nor with it change the amount of rent I'm paying. Honestly, I shouldn't have to do all the things they are yelling at me about. They wanted to remodel the bathroom, not me. I was fine with the one we had. All I should have to do is my laundry, the dishes I use and keep my room in decent shape. None of my friends or any of the people I work withs kids have to do half of what they are yelling at me about.

Plus, I'm a grown man, it's about time I steped up and acted like one. I shouldn't be living in my parents house. I procrastinated so now with my 23rd birthday in a few months, I'm still living at home with mommy and daddy. I should have been out of here already.

Back
Top Bottom